Current vacancies Thread, LOGCAP - Movement Control Team Supervisor Afghanistan in Recruitment and vacancies; Contract / Temp to Perm / Permanent: Contract
Taos Industries is the logistics partner for the ...
LOGCAP - Movement Control Team Supervisor Afghanistan
Contract / Temp to Perm / Permanent: Contract
Taos Industries is the logistics partner for the DCP Team, one of the awardees of the LOGCAP IV contract. Taos is soliciting personnel to support a future LOGCAP IV task order in Afghanistan. Taos is responsible for managing the Movement Control Teams (MCT) that supports the Army Movement Control Battalion (MCB) operating at the US Military installations in Afghanistan. Additionally Taos is responsible for providing logistics support for the overall Afghanistan Project. Taos is soliciting Movement Control Team supervisors to lead MCTs in Afghanistan .
TAOS Movement Control Team Supervisor is responsible for leading a Movement Control Team in support of a future LOGCAP IV task order in Afghanistan. The MCT Supervisor will have responsibility for an 8 30 person MCT organizing the movement of military supplies, equipment and passengers at transportation nodes in Afghanistan. The MCT Supervisor will supervise the coordination of transportation assets, organization of staging yards, and provision of In-Transit Visibility to support the military movements in Afghanistan. MCTs will be located at air ports, convoy staging yards, and military distribution points. Additionally the MCT supervisor will be responsible for managing the Material Handling Equipment at the assigned transportation node and washrack operations where applicable.
Key Result Areas:
1. Supervise MCT operations
Supervise a 9 30 person multinational Movement Control Team organizing the movement of military supplies, equipment and passengers at transportation nodes in Afghanistan.
1. Ensure the MCT works efficiently to provide Movement Control Services at assigned transportation node.
2. Supervise EXPAT and TCN movement coordinators in the performance of duties
3. Ensure Theater Movement Control Plans and policies are effectively executed
4. Maintain In Transit Visibility of all cargo and passengers arriving to or departing the MCT node
2. Supervise Material Handling Equipment
Supervise and schedule MHE assets and operators at assigned transportation node.
1. Ensure safe operation of equipment
2. Schedule operators and equipment to meet mission requirements
3. Track equipment maintenance and coordinate with maintenance section for necessary services and repairs
3. TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
Perform needed training as required.
1. Perform annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
2. As available, develop or train personnel on all aspects of movement control.
3. Direct Reports: Eight senior movement coordinators
4. SUPPORTING AUDITS
Oversees the support needed for audits conducted pertinent to project controls.
5. SPECIAL PROJECTS
1. Perform Special Projects as Needed
2. Other duties as assigned
Possesses the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Has the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, department directors, DCAA auditors, and USG customers.
Has the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Displays good skills at measurement.
Possesses the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Possesses the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Has the ability not to lose sight of the big picture while working with the details. Exercises good judgment when drawing conclusions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignments to the position.
Job Context/Working Environment
* Is able to handle stressful job situation successfully, including working extendedhours.
* A typical multicultural office environment in cubical or office arrangement.
* Is able to function in a culturally sensitive manner.
* Frequent interactions across functions require excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Requires working simultaneously on multiple projects and assignments.
* Responsible for maintaining a congenial work environment
* Emphasizes team-work and coordination.
* This position is in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines. Requires independent work without routine supervision. This is an OCONUS position.
Communication and Working Relationships
* Reports to the Movement Control Manager.
* Supervision of: MCT and MHE Foremen
* Receives Technical Direction from US Army Movement Control Battalion.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
Responsible for MCT operations, authority as established by Movement Control Manager.
Job Requirements :
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Minimum 6-10 years of Army transportation related knowledge and/or training.
* Experience must include at least two years of OCONUS or management work.
* Skill and knowledge of ground transportation, freight forwarding and distribution administration are required.
* Cargo documentation and logistical movement control experience in the transportation environment. Past supervisory experience in freight customs, personal property, and passenger travel..
* Skill and knowledge in preparing Defense Transportation System reports, quality control, and traffic management functions.
* Knowledge and experience working with the Army and other military services, commercial agencies, and host nation elements.
* Familiarity with DOD transportation organizations.
* Evaluation experience in site capability and limitation for depots, truck terminals, railheads, beachheads, air terminals, and water ports/terminals.
* Past skills in organizing and supervising the movement, deployment and redeployment of personnel and equipment; both in an Army and joint environment.
* Proven technical experience in the interpretation and use of transportation automation systems including but not limited to: GDSS, SMS, GATES, ITARS, GTN, AALPS, TC-AIMS II, IBS-CMM, WPS, TransLog Web, BCS3, JOPES, MTS, and Blue Force Tracker.
* Experience in an OCONUS Army environment is desired. A former Army Transportation Corps O-2/3 or E-6/7 with movement control team leadership experience or civilian Transportation Supervisor with LOGCAP III and/or Army Movement Control Team experience is a plus.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Attributes, Experience Level
* Defense Transportation System.
* Army Movement Control Team at the NCO level
* Secret Clearance required
* YOU MUST APPLY ON ONLINE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
Tags for this Thread