I'm not the POC.
MELABS, (Middle East Logistics and Base Support) is a Contract with the Commonwealth of Australia that provides services to the ADF (Australian Defence Force) operating in the Middle East.
The Contract provides domestics services, maintenance, transport, catering, procurement and a range of other support tasks at facilities occupied by the ADF.
The roles will be management positions overseeing service delivery and directing locally employed staff.
Suitable candidates will have:
- an understanding of risk management and OH&S;
- experience managing small teams;
- a facilities management background;
- an understanding of quality assurance and process; and
- an understanding of Defence contracting would be desirable.
The potential positions will be Fly-in/ Fly-out from the UAE.
Suitable candidates will need to be obtain and maintain a Commonwealth Security Clearance so previous experience working with the ADF would be highly desirable.
- Serco`s single point of contact for the ADF activities in BAF, KBL, and BAF.
- Management of all subcontracts with the major focus on asset hire and management services.
- Coordination of local procurement activities.
- Coordination/overseeing the delivery of all local procurement items arriving into KAF and KBL
- Collection of Supplies Acceptance Certificates (SAC) from designated ADF representatives within 72 hours of delivery of cargo/goods and on-forwarding to the Logistic Manager - MELABS.
- Establishment and maintenance of the asset register. - Overseeing/managing vehicle accident reports, repairs and vehicle replacement action.
- Manage the subcontractor maintenance planning and activities for the hired assets including routine maintenance scheduling. - Leadership and management of Serco and Locally Engaged Staff.
- Preparation of MELABS operational reports and submission IAW specified timings.
- Ensure timely delivery of services delivered by Serco. - Ensure all assets are maintained in serviceable, a clean and tidy state prior to handover to the ADF.
- Identifying business opportunities.
- Represent Serco in KAF, BAF and KBL as directed by Head Support Services or Contract Manager - MELABS
- Other duties as specified by Head Support Services or Contract Manager - MELABS.