I’m not the P.O.C!
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq is looking for a Driver (Personal Security Detail)
Under the overall supervision of the Personal Security Detail Coordinator/Field Security Coordination Officer (PSD Coordinator/FSCO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader, PSD, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
• Undertake national PSD Driver’s role in accordance with the UN Personal Protection Manual and SSI guidelines as directed;
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is fully operational and well maintained including inventory of all the necessary communication and emergency equipment readily available and tightly secured in their assigned vehicles such as first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, serviceable spare wheel, wheel changing kit, spare keys, torch, spare water, jumper cable & tow rope;
• Assist the team in maintaining liaison and rapport with the local security authorities and other relevant government authorities when required, perform functions as member of the advance party and assist in checking, running through the routes while carrying out a site survey before the arrival of the VIP;
• Maintain close communication with PSD Team Leader and Protection officers in the team during all movements;
• Assist the PSD Team in accomplishing effective protective security coverage for their assigned Principals and remain vigilant and alert at all times whilst on duty and carry out training in areas of deficiencies to meet higher level of competencies;
• Ensure that the vehicle is not left unattended while on mission and conduct a 360 degrees vehicle sweep before and after any movement;
• Keep abreast of tactical operational procedures, emergency and contingency plan of the PSD team he or she is being assigned and participate during team training;
• Ensure operational readiness and fitness for rapid deployment and should remain in the vehicle at all times to await orders;
• Execute operational procedures and practices dependent on operational environment and observe all national traffic rules and act in accordance with the mission’s rules regarding vehicle operation and traffic safety;
Perform any other duties assigned that fall within the scope of his duties and perform other special duties as directed by the Chief Security Adviser.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school or equivalent diploma, plus a combination of relevant driving certification/ diploma or other academic qualifications and training.
Experience: A minimum of three years experience in security services, civilian police force, military police or other relevant military operations with a safe driving record is an essential requirement.
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
Other Skills: Familiarity with relevant PSD communication equipment, computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point), Must possess valid national driver's license.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Adequate knowledge of the primary routes, alternative routes, road conditions, accessibility, traffic situation, security situation, safe havens, medical facilities and threats etc. relevant to missions. Good skills in VIP security driving and ability to recognize and evaluate the seriousness of threats and potential dangers; ability to effectively deal with stress factors encountered during protective security operations/ situation; good driving skills in a high threat environment. Observe strict confidentiality and secrecy of all UN activities, related documents, date, timings and venues.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly in English and the local languages effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks question to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communications; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Meets timeline for delivery of services to client; Maintains tact and diplomacy at all times. Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks.
Accountability: Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed times, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports team members and takes responsibility for delegated assignments, takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of his/her office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Interested candidates should complete the attached United Nations Personal History form (P.11) and forward it electronically at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please indicate the post and vacancy number you are applying for.
Incomplete P.11s will not be processed.
Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks from the deadline for submission of applications.
The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. To ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.