Security Consultant Jobs Thread, Purchasing & Contracts Manager – Aviation - Afghanistan in Current vacancies; Job Reference: CO/AST/001 Nature of Business/Organisation: Commercial Principle Location of Job: Afghanistan Job Category: Logistic Support Services Salary: See Below ...
Purchasing & Contracts Manager – Aviation - Afghanistan
Job Reference: CO/AST/001 Nature of Business/Organisation: Commercial Principle Location of Job: Afghanistan Job Category: Logistic Support Services Salary: See Below Job Description:
Manage all aspects of contracting and purchasing for current and upcoming contracted activities within the Aviation Business Unit. This includes pre-award and post-award international contracting, subcontracting and leasing activities. Liaise with Aviation staff, and potential and existing suppliers and customers (ie.NATO, US DoD).
Coordinate aviation contracting activities. Coordinate the determination and procurement of parts, equipment, tools and consumables required for Aviation Business Unit operations and support activities.
- Coordinate the development of contract, subcontract, Request for Proposal response, and lease agreement documents to maximize financial outcomes and business objectives.
- Advise senior management to facilitate the negotiation of contracts with internal and external clients, including equipment requirements, purchasing and professional advice on risk and mitigation activities to maximize contract outcomes.
- Coordinate oversight to ensure that all terms and conditions are met in the execution of contracts and agreements.
- Participates and provides advice to project teams on equipment requirements, purchasing, contract management and policy compliance matters.
- Provides interpretation and advice to required stakeholders in the Aviation Business Unit, in the application of contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinates periodic contract review and the contract change processes, and manage the dissemination of information on contract status.
- Provides guidance to business team members for the development of appropriate subcontract Statement of Work.
- Provides oversight of the establishment and management of the Aviation Business Unit purchasing system, establishment of applicable policies and procedures, and approved supplier evaluation.
- Work in close consultation with all Aviation Business Unit staff to develop “team buying” relationships, providing purchasing advice and seeking advice and consultation of technical subject matter experts.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in similar aviation Contracting Management / Development and Purchasing Management role in an international environment.
- Extensive demonstrated experience with international and commercial aviation contractual instruments and their terms and conditions.
- International experience in contract risk assessment and mitigation.
- Experience with the application of ICAO, EASA/FAA regulations in regard to contract development.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from an accredited university.
- At least three years relevant pre-award and post-award contract management and purchasing management experience.
- Experience in contracting arrangements with various governments and military.
- Demonstrated experience in supplier evaluation activities.
Analytical skills in determining best value for money in purchasing.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio and appropriate purchasing, procurement and acquisition software.
Preferable Skills and Qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from an accredited university.
- Held the position of Contracting Officer or Contracting Officer
- Representative with the US Department of Defense or equivalent.
- Military experience involving operations in austere environments, preferably with tours in Afghanistan or Iraq.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) accreditation or commensurate international credentials.
- Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Purchasing
- Professional (CPP) or Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM).
- Conversational Russian language skills.
- International staff experience (UN, NATO).
Monthly salary : AED 30,000 (approx USD 8174)
(base, vehicle allowance, housing allowance)
PSU bonus: AED 50,000 (approx USD 13,624)
These salaries are completely TAX FREE
Full family benefits including relocation flights, school allowance, annual vacation flights, relocation allowance.
30 days vacation per year
Contract Type: Contract Expected Start Date: OPEN End Date: OPEN Date Responses Required By: OPEN
Private Security, Operational Risk Management & Asset Protection Resource: Aprodex
Tags for this Thread