(I'm not the POC)
Employer Qatar National Convention Centre Posted 16 Jun 2011 Location Qatar Job Titles Security Manager/Director Sector Private Terms Permanent Hours Full Time Position Head of Security Salary Competitive salary + benefits Apply online
- Challenging Pre Opening & Operating Role
- Professional & Dynamic Team
- Globally Recognized Company
- Exciting world class venue
Qatar National Convention Centre is scheduled to open in late 2011 and is being operated for Qatar Foundation by AEG Ogden, one of the world's leading venue management specialists, which also manages the Brisbane, Cairns and Darwin Convention Centres in Australia and the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Malaysia.
You will be responsible for;
- Coordinate the operations of the Security Control Room in accordance with Qatar National Convention Centre's policies and procedures
- Plan, lead, organize and control, on the operational level, security of all types of events
- Ensure that security measures are in place to serve our customers' security needs
- Ensure the judicious use of Security department resources
- Act as on-call relief and back up for the HSSE Manager during leave or absence
- Provide input and supervision to Assistant Head Security, Security Supervisors and contracted Security Officers
- Review incident reports completed by Security Staff
- Coordinate Security Control Emergency and incident response in conjunction with Civil Defense
- Ensure training records for guard staff are maintained
- Liaise with Qatar Foundation Security and Local Security Authorities.
- Monitor the implementation of Qatar National Convention Centre security policies and associated procedures of permanent and contracted Security personnel
Reporting directly to the HSSE Manager, you will have 7 to 10 years of Security or Military experience with 5 years experience in a senior role. Having worked with a major convention and exhibition centre, large hotel or similar hospitality based projects will be a great advantage. A proven track record in pre openings is highly desirable. Experience in Middle Eastern cultural requirements and sensitivities are a strong advantage for this position.
You will possess excellent Arabic and English communication and organizational skills, excellent problem solving, investigative and analytical abilities as well as being able to work under pressure and towards deadlines with ability to motivate, develop and build a dynamic team. A demonstrated proven track record in Security is essential for this role.
The person will ideally have a Security background and a Diploma in the same fields, as well as be a Certified Protection Professional or the equivalent.
Interested applicants, who meet the above requirements, can receive a detailed Position Brief or apply in writing, attaching updated CV and recent photo to;
Human Resources Department
Qatar National Convention Centre