PI Fees

HomerCPO

Longterm Registered User
Hi People

With so many PI's out there now is there anyone wishing to discuss fees and what fees we should be should be charging the clients.

From SV, Process Serving, Tracing etc etc

Just so i can get a rough guess as I am looking at starting up something very soon and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Homer

Hi People

With so many PI's out there now is there anyone wishing to discuss fees and what fees we should be should be charging the clients.

From SV, Process Serving, Tracing etc etc

Just so i can get a rough guess as I am looking at starting up something very soon and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Homer

Hi Homer,

I had a brief read of your post and just thought that you may find the cut and paste a little useful..? this is UK Law...

Kindest regards...

CD

Price fixing and the law

Competition law prohibits almost any attempt to fix prices - for example, you cannot:
  • agree prices with your competitors, eg you can't agree to work from a shared minimum price list
  • share markets or limit production to raise prices, eg if two contracts are put out to tender you can't agree that you'll bid for one and let your competitor bid for the other
  • impose minimum prices on different distributors such as shops
  • agree with your competitors what purchase price you will offer your suppliers
  • cut prices below cost in order to force a smaller or weaker competitor out of the market
The law doesn't just cover formal agreements. It also includes other activities with a price-fixing effect. For example, you shouldn't discuss your pricing plans with your competitors. If you then all 'happen' to raise your prices, you are fixing prices.

And yet the goverment creates the national minimum wage which the vast majourity of companies force on potential workers regardless of skill's and experience , surley that has got to be price fixing

And yet the goverment creates the national minimum wage which the vast majourity of companies force on potential workers regardless of skill's and experience , surley that has got to be price fixing

You know Applepie you make a very reasonable assessment. In some ways the minimum wage is its own worst enemy.

It actually legitimizes 'Low Wages'... how ironic is that..?

CD

Carl, I would suggest an internet search as some PIs do post their fees on their websites but the range is huge, there are probably very few that would be willing to openly discuss their charges with you however.
Denise

Carl, I would suggest an internet search as some PIs do post their fees on their websites but the range is huge, there are probably very few that would be willing to openly discuss their charges with you however.
Denise

Hi Denise... I trust you are well, please do not take this in any other way than it sounds..? I'm sorry I don't understand your message to me. I have merely posted an item on price fixing for information and I have briefly discussed a political issue regarding the minimum wage..?

Kindest regards,

Carl :)

CP Homer, if you want to know what to charge, then do some investigation in what your competitors in your area are charging, it's called using a bit of initiative and creativity. ;)

Hi Denise... I trust you are well, please do not take this in any other way than it sounds..? I'm sorry I don't understand your message to me. I have merely posted an item on price fixing for information and I have briefly discussed a political issue regarding the minimum wage..?

Kindest regards,

Carl :)

Sorry Carl, comment was meant for the original poster :eek:
Denise

Back