Warning for Operators on Facebook

Thanks Trudge and if I may I'll say here what I have said on a similar post..?

Old hat, same cak different day and the 1922 uprising springs to mind.

That's 88 years of preparation..?

CD :)

Talking of facebook I was in a pub recently and I overheard a conversation, from the info I heard I've been able to ID a member of CPW.

Thing is this 'guy' I've managed to ID wasn't even there.

From what I heard it was one of his mates talking about him to a woman trying to make out that because he had a mate who does security work and been in the forces that somehow meant he was in our line of work (the guy in the pub not the CPW member... the word walt did spring to mind).

Did you think I should PM the 'guy' to let him know about his mate or leave it, what would you want me do if this was you?

all the best

billy

Carl ,( 1922 ) if you refer to the Easter Uprising in Ireland this happened 1916 , 1922 was the year of partition and the formation of the Irish Free State .
But this thread highlights the risks involved in using the likes of Facebook , Security Forces have released threat warnings after Republican Dissidents have being targeting former soldiers and police officers.

Talking of facebook I was in a pub recently and I overheard a conversation, from the info I heard I've been able to ID a member of CPW.

Thing is this 'guy' I've managed to ID wasn't even there.

From what I heard it was one of his mates talking about him to a woman trying to make out that because he had a mate who does security work and been in the forces that somehow meant he was in our line of work (the guy in the pub not the CPW member... the word walt did spring to mind).

Did you think I should PM the 'guy' to let him know about his mate or leave it, what would you want me do if this was you?

all the best

billy

If it were me I'd want you to PM me mate!

Heno

Carl ,( 1922 ) if you refer to the Easter Uprising in Ireland this happened 1916 , 1922 was the year of partition and the formation of the Irish Free State .
But this thread highlights the risks involved in using the likes of Facebook , Security Forces have released threat warnings after Republican Dissidents have being targeting former soldiers and police officers.

Thanks Fluffy, yes I realise that mate but very kind of you to remind me of Irish history. The 1922 date, I believe was the first occurence of IRA activity on the mainland of Britain in fact England..? I'll of course stand corrected on that and then of course the modern day era of IRA activity was revealed in Balham, London, Drakefield Road somewhere between 1967 and 1969... a bomb making factory. As an 11 year old 'ish', I watched the action.

Yes, I realise and fully understand the implications of all this and it is upto individuals and of course personal choice as to how they conduct their lives... I use Deflective Security and have done so for many years... it works a treat. If you are from across the pond you will know exactly where I am coming from..?

CD

PS I found this on a discussion portal..? trust it make sense... CD

I should like a brief account of the life of the IRA man called Dunn(?e)who was hanged in 1922 for the murder of Field-Marshall Wilsonin Eaton Square, London; eg his family background, education, linkwith the IRA, dates of the crime,his trial and execution; perhapswhere I might find a full account of his trial and imprisonment.

Last edited:
it is so bad now no whare is safe we all need to be ext careful on here as just eny one can dig in on us what on earth has this world come to keep all safe and secret inside the sector and keep each other safe at all times

You know guys just occasionally in this Industry there is some 'Risk', no matter if you are a Door Supervisor, a Store Detective or a PSD operator, whatever/whichever... we do not live, work or operate in a 'Risk Free' environment....!!!!!!

It is up to each and every individual on here or in this industry to work out for themselves how they best mitigate that risk...

Billy definately PM the chap as I think he would like to know never mind needs to know what a 'so called' mate of his is doing when he isn't there and how his name is being used!

Caliban

It never ceases to amaze me what people will put on the internet about themselves. If we can use it to find eachother then hostiles can use it to find us! Im sure most of us have done some sort of security awareness training but even if you have not surely its common sence??

I once had this discussion whilst working in the mental health areana and i was shocked at the appathetic "support" i was given from my fellow managers. in fact it was due to this lack of understanding about what i would call basic opporating proceadures that eventually left the company.

You would nt poke your head above the trench line if it was under fire so why publish pics and personal information when working in potentially dangerous industries.

Spooky out

whats even more scary is some these people who post lots of info claim to be seasoned operators or professionals. Dont get it myself

Spooky really out this time!

just a throught do the people joining here get screened? as someone could join this site to gather intel aswell

As far as I know, people are not screened to join here and Personal Security is a recurring subject on numerous threads... people putting home phone numbers and various other "bobby basic" slip ups... to put it mildly... :confused:

S.O.P.s

Everyone should use them even in every day to day life, control the info your putting out there. Also from time to time search yourself online, if you havnt been careful with how you control the info you put out there i think most people would be shocked with what search results come back about themselves.

Dont mean to come across as patronising or state the obvious but this should come as second nature if operating in the C.P environment.

If you cannot control the info about yourself 100% then be aware on a daily basis that bad things could happen by very nasty and motivated individuals that would happily not want to have you make it into work the next day!

The better you are at protecting your Principle/Client the more this becomes a threat.

Dont have nightmares!:D:D:D

Regards STP.

Back