Best Protein Shake

Recently I'm using Gaspari Myofusion but tried many and in the end of the day it's all about the taste of it, or having few diffrent flavours, because when you'll get fed up with it and start hating it after two weeks of using, then you will use any excuse to skip the next shake ;)

Guys protien from Holland and Barrett whats the difference ??????
Holland and Barrett is frequented and run by skinny vegetarian types so you're never going to get big and strong buying anything from there. You need to get your protein at a proper gym frequented by big blokes with lots of muscles, or off a web site that has pictures of big blokes with lots of muscles, that way you'll get big and strong just like them. ;)

I use BulkPowders for my recent protein purchases. For 5Kg 82% instantised Whey Protein i paid £39, that is unflavoured though - i find it tastes very acceptable and not rank like some of the others i have tasted.

I dont buy into the brands etc or flavours, protein is protein and should be used as a suppliment as intended, not as a replacement for "real" food like many seem to do.

Oh and Holland & Barret will do the job to an extent, but there are cheaper ways to get your PWO protien shake (bulk unbranded). I hope this helps.

You get what you pay for IMHO. I'm a great fan of both Reflex Instant Whey - taste is average but quality is excellent. If money is no object they also do a great muscle gainer called One Stop Extreme.
USN also do some good stuff, in particular their slow release protein IGF1 and a advanced training supplement Anabolic.
For fat burners 'grenade' is amazing has a great container.
For the serious trainer who likes a pro-hormone, Stealth Labz to a great supplement called SDT available online from Muscle Finesse.
When you deploy, if you could only take one supplement what would it be?

You get what you pay for IMHO. I'm a great fan of both Reflex Instant Whey - taste is average but quality is excellent. If money is no object they also do a great muscle gainer called One Stop Extreme.
USN also do some good stuff, in particular their slow release protein IGF1 and a advanced training supplement Anabolic.
For fat burners 'grenade' is amazing has a great container.
For the serious trainer who likes a pro-hormone, Stealth Labz to a great supplement called SDT available online from Muscle Finesse.
When you deploy, if you could only take one supplement what would it be?

Glucosamine for the joints would be my choice.

Ive experimented by not having protein shakes for 1 month and just eat extra protein rich food. I didnt loose any size, so now i dont worry if i cant get my hands on any Protein. But if protein shakes are available i drink them as it works out cheaper than buying lots of food. Extreme Nutrition whey or Pro 6 (which is slow release) are the ones i go for.

all the best

Personally I've tried most of the named brands of protein and have found the Myprotein stuff to be the best and it's a fair bit better value too

Personally I've tried most of the named brands of protein and have found the Myprotein stuff to be the best and it's a fair bit better value too

I tried Myofusion products before and I agree they are good stuff, but wanted to mention also another one, recently I'm drasticly reducing my weight (so far from 110kg in Nov'11 to 94kg now, and still 4-6kg to go), because I want to participate in full marathon this year. Still I wanted to retain as much of clean/good muscle mass as possible while trimming, and I'm supplementing my diet with QNT Metapure Zero Carb Isolate Protein with great results.

If your running a marathon you deffo want to drop as much weigh as possible. Not only will it help you cover the distance but will take strain off your joints. You get I think it's 10x your body weight going through your joints when you run!
Good luck mate. Your doing well to have dropped so much so fast!
Danny

Yeah I know, I've already done a half-marathon at 96-98kg before, but I wasn't entirely happy then, and now coming back after the longer break, I want to get the weight level that I used to have when I was competing in grappling, so about 90kg (optimum would be somewhere 88-90kg) That would make me feel confortable but I don't want to over do it I'm still 6'1'' tall so don't want to get too skinny lol.

Daviecp, you have asked a question that could solicit a thousand different replies from hundreds of different protein shakes. Before settling on a protein shake i would try to get hold of some samples and say one or two days a week try a protein shake. Then after you see how they affect you then you will be able to see which one is best.

Some things you have to worry about as you mention that you are on a diet is that you should not consume more protein at a time as you will get side effects. Such as but not limited to gas, bloating, blasting farts all over the place, having to go to the toilet in a hurry etc.

Protein consumption for daily should not exceed 1gm per kilo of body weight. Unless of course you are having meeting with the syringe. Then that of course would change the forumula. So for example if someone is 80kg he would take in 80 g of protein a day. Everything outside of that would go as waste.

Not all protein is created equal. Not all protein will react the same with everybody. In conclusion protein shakes and protein bars are designed to be a meal replacement for one meal for example. If you started having several protein shakes and protein bars a day then side effects will certainly be close by. A balanced diet in my opinion is the way to go with limited use of protein shakes and bars etc.

Protein Drink Side Effects | eHow.com

Just my 2p on the matter

Tapmaster

Nice points by Tap, I am more then happy to give you a sample of the protein I have for you to try and to see if you benefit from it.

MaxF

Back