work

fogant

Full Registered User
hello guys im waiting for my S.I.A to come and then i want a job in Security dont mide what part but i have not done anything like it before and in the times we live in and jobs are few is there anyone that can

give me tips on how to say to companies iv not done this before but i need the work

and names of places in and around Bournemouth i can try

thanks

Hope you didn't buy both licenses.

Security companies will only tell you that it is down to your lack of experience in the security sector as an excuse to refuse hiring if they didn't like the look or sound of you. So don't think your experience will be a factor in this.

My tutor gave me all the questions and answers the SIA would have you trained on mentioning id be quizzed on these in my interviews, so i memorised them. There are also a couple of smart arse questions you can ask and look really smart asking but i wont give them out for free.

Last edited:
i got my licenses done for free i was thinking about asking for some work experience first when my licenses come

Fogant most companies are going to think after your SIA training your be good to go if they think you need additional training this will be site dependent and may come with a fee if you leave within a time frame (which is worth asking about), either way you wont get a say in the matter. Its important you go to these interviews confident otherwise none of the good companies will want you and only the sweatshop worker one's will.

Smoggie it doesn't matter who paid as long as someones trying to get his foot through the door we should help them.

You mean the dole paid it for you, or should i say us the taxpayer.

yes that is right yet i dont no why you have such a stick up you ass about it im trying to better myself i could of turned it down and carried on on the dole and do **** all for longer would that of made you happy ?

Good on you for getting off your arse and getting into a good line of work. One thing you will have to concentrate on is spelling. If you write a CV like you've written some of your posts you will not be taken seriously. It's very important to make a good first impression with your appearance and literacy level. Its show intelligence. You can use the search feature up top for employment advice. You may also want to look further afield of Bournemouth. You have two good base qualifications, from here you can develop your career. Ask alot of questions of the various forums here, there is an amazing amount of knowledgeable and well skilled operators here who will help you. Best of luck. And welcome to the forum.

yes that is right yet i dont no why you have such a stick up you ass about it im trying to better myself i could of turned it down and carried on on the dole and do **** all for longer would that of made you happy ?

he may have a stick up his arse because some of us paided for our courses and then paided for the ticket so sorry for being abit pissed off that you had yours for free

to paul83 yes i think it does matter who you do the course with nowadays as its the shitty TPs that are part of the problem we have at the moment yes we will try and help but when he says he will work for nothing to gain exp then it kicks all us in the balls

and to use your money that is given you to do courses if he had looked into it or maybe came on here and asked before he done the courses he would not be carrying a DS and SG ticket where if he had done the proper background check on the courses then he would have known that DS covers SG and would have been better off doing the CCTV in stead of the SG

so yes i think that smoggie has a good point to make

yes it is good that you have choosen the industry that we all like working in but mate what did you do before, do you really think that standing about for 12 hrs for just above minimal wage is a good job cause we dont and its because of people like you that have been given a licence why the rate is so shit nowadays

and to come on and reply to a member that is a regular poster like smoggie is abit insulting to be honest some on here can answer like that as we have done the time in a few years when you have done yours then you will be able to reply with out some of us jumping on you from a big height

a little respect gets you a long way

cheers ed

and for christ sake fill out your profile page it may help us help you, you never know.

Last edited:
I agree that you shouldnt work for nothing because as Ed says it just brings the industry down for all even if it
is just to gain work experience..

And also in my eyes the TP goes a long way.

On the other side id rather see our tax help people get a job than go to some lazy ass ole whos just gonna sit on his ass all day drinking Red stripe thinking we all owe them a living.

Chris.

I agree that you shouldnt work for nothing because as Ed says it just brings the industry down for all even if it
is just to gain work experience..

And also in my eyes the TP goes a long way.

On the other side id rather see our tax help people get a job than go to some lazy ass ole whos just gonna sit on his ass all day drinking Red stripe thinking we all owe them a living.

Chris.

yeah i agree but dont come on here and rub ours nose in it

cheers ed

Must of touched a raw nerve did i? a few years back i went on a course there was 12 people on it i was the only one who paid for it, the other 11 had it paid for by the dole, if they didn't do the course they would of lost their benefit, all of them were long term unemployed out of the 11 only 1 was interested in the course , others didn't give a shit.
as for a stick up my arse no mate it was our lasses finger:p

If the government offers you a break, you'd be a fool not to take it.
Lucky enough myself never had to rely on government schemes and benefits.
But I've took the tax breaks where I can, took maternity benefits, isas's,
But a touch of humility would go a long way I feel, especially when your looking for advise and help.
A lot of what you need to do is good networking, that's one of those grey skills, along with self marketing/promotion, research, and self improvement, physical and intellectual skills.
Right now we know jack shit, other than what you want.
We know nothing of what you have to offer, some seem to know what you deserve, but that's their opinion.
So would you like to try again, tell us more of what ever you have done previously, and where you would like to be in the future.
What you have to offer is really important, more so than what you want.
Fit one to the other and hey presto.
Give and take, a perfect life.
Balls in your court Fogant.

i am not someone who is rude or some kind of wanker but i will reply to someone if i think there was no need to say something like he did at the end of the day i see where he is coming from. but all i wanted was advise and working for free to gain exp for 5 days is not a big deal i came looking for guys who love the work they do all i see is bitterness towards there work im not in it for the money nor the shit working conditions im in it for myself the fact that you can help someone if they have been hurt/to drunk ect ect we have all been there
and its fair to say that some DS dont do a good job and others go beyond the call of duty i was given this brake after asking for it.

things iv done before i am a chef and have worked as one worked hard in school to no what i no about food /food is important too me
but i dont want to work with food all of my life i want to work with others help just feel like im doing something worthwhile something that one night can be hell and the next can be good i like life like that

what i have to offer well not much as i have no real info of this work only have iv been told /studied
about me as a person im easy to get on with i care a lot about others fast thinking always clam just a well rounded person someone that wants a brake and not brake my balls all day cooking food and getting laid off so someone can take my place and work for 50p less a hr witch im not mad at as hey if you can get work nowdays then you need to sell your sole work for less give more other wise you will end up on the dole forever bring up kids if u have any on next too no money its not what i wont in life i want to do something that may be small and mean nothing to most but aslong as it means something to me and i can help someone get home or something i can say iv done something with myself

i am not someone who is rude or some kind of wanker but i will reply to someone if i think there was no need to say something like he did at the end of the day i see where he is coming from. but all i wanted was advise and working for free to gain exp for 5 days is not a big deal i came looking for guys who love the work they do all i see is bitterness towards there work im not in it for the money nor the shit working conditions im in it for myself the fact that you can help someone if they have been hurt/to drunk ect ect we have all been there
and its fair to say that some DS dont do a good job and others go beyond the call of duty i was given this brake after asking for it.

things iv done before i am a chef and have worked as one worked hard in school to no what i no about food /food is important too me
but i dont want to work with food all of my life i want to work with others help just feel like im doing something worthwhile something that one night can be hell and the next can be good i like life like that

what i have to offer well not much as i have no real info of this work only have iv been told /studied
about me as a person im easy to get on with i care a lot about others fast thinking always clam just a well rounded person someone that wants a brake and not brake my balls all day cooking food and getting laid off so someone can take my place and work for 50p less a hr witch im not mad at as hey if you can get work nowdays then you need to sell your sole work for less give more other wise you will end up on the dole forever bring up kids if u have any on next too no money its not what i wont in life i want to do something that may be small and mean nothing to most but aslong as it means something to me and i can help someone get home or something i can say iv done something with myself

to fogant

reread your post you said about some one working for less than you are on and didnt like it

then you come on here and ask for work with no pay to gain exp FFS

it just happened to you now you want to do itb to some one else idiot

now have a think regarding our post \

ed

Fu*king dole boys

Last edited:
if you reread my post it dose say i dont see the harm in working for afew days to gain exp allso if you reread once more it says

work for 50p less a hr witch im not mad at yes i did not like it but i dont kick up a fuss about it times are hard right now.

plus i dont see the ****ing harm in working for free to get exp even its for a few hrs or a day or 3

well i do when its a job that i have been doing for F**king 17 years and now cause you have nt got on job you want mine

but so be it hey

its idiots like you saying this that is bringing the industry down we did managage to get a good rate a few years ago you dont see me retraining as a F**king chef to get your job

ed

Last edited:
Back