Skydiver Felix Baumgartner set to break sound barrier

The industry and the sport has waited a long time for this Heno... he is isn't he, absolutely... I love him x x x

Have to say jumping out of aircraft really isn't my thing CD! Even if the thing was on fire and the pilots had already baled then I'd take my chances with a fire extinguisher and a quick read of "Flying for Dummies"

Far play to him though, that takes some guts to do that!

Heno

Aborted due to high winds.
Looks like Thursday for the next try.

How many thousand's !!!! Thousand and 1, thousand and 5,147, thousand and 3,842 or was that 3,840!!!!!

Saward

Aborted due to high winds.
Looks like Thursday for the next try.

How many thousand's !!!! Thousand and 1, thousand and 5,147, thousand and 3,842 or was that 3,840!!!!!

Saward

Ha ha mate that'd be a long 'dope rope' (No offence guys, Airborne jargon) good jod he has that helmet on coz his face would look like a Tomato at the end of it... I remember going into cloud at 17,000' and exiting a 9,000' (At Night) and my face looked like a tangerine for days! CD

If you have a spare 800 pounds lying around, that is the going rate for Joe Kittingers book "The Long Lonely Leap". But they are hard to find.

Regards

did a few jumps with him a couple of years ago . Felix is an excellent guy always funny and really knows his stuff.
They'll try it on thursday again and that time i hope its gona work out , he was working so hard for it he really deserved some nice weather !!!!

I would fancy a try at that myself! Hasn't the record been since the 60's Carl? Can't look it up as I'm away amd on my iPhone! With third world tinterweb!

I would fancy a try at that myself! Hasn't the record been since the 60's Carl? Can't look it up as I'm away amd on my iPhone! With third world tinterweb!

1960. 102,000 feet Joe Kittinger. Wasn't Charlie Bruce going to have a go at it before his untimely passing?

Isn't there some place that civvies can do HALO jumps? If I remember correctly it was on CPW some time back.

.....not that I'd want to mind you, I'm more of a water baby myself.

Heno

I know a place in the states where u can do it , drop me a pm if you are interesssted
Isn't there some place that civvies can do HALO jumps? If I remember correctly it was on CPW some time back.

Heno

Apparantly he is aiming on breaking the sound barrier... hardly surprising as he must be carrying at least 50 kilo's in gonads. Somethings just hold you in complete awe... this for me is one of them. Respect.

Heno

Yes Heno there are plenty of centres now especially in Europe and the USA...

Can anyone name the first Civvi to complete a HALO jump in the UK..?

CD

Back