just a quick one regarding the TIER system set up 9 explanation )

ed

Longterm Registered User
hello all

can anyone explain this tier system as i was reading a post this morning that was saying that

FAAW was TIER 1

and

FPOS was TIER 2

now i would have thought that FPOS would have been TIER 1 as its better than the FAAW and a start of a med career sorry if im wrong its not my section so was looking at an explanation if poss

cheers ed

that 9 in the title was meant to be a bracket lol

cheers op144

so its not fixed in stone then as i have seen jobs regarding TIER 1 and TIER 2 medics but did not know what the difference was like i said not my area

i did think that the TIER system was above the FPOS 3 more a paramedic rating

but your saying that all the FPOS qualls set you up as a TIER 1 medic then

but cheers mate many thanks ed

hey star mate im not trying to have a pop just asking mate

so TIER 2 are parmedics
and
TIER 1 are FPOS 1-3 all of them or just 3 mate

cheers ed just asking thats all

look lads not being funnie but as you know i run the welsh group and when people ask for certain lads with a certain background i would like to be able to send them the right lads so i dont make the group, lads or myself look stupid.

i know what you are saying but again thats the way of things so a breakdown would be nice from the lads that should be in the know

cheers sorry if i have offended anyone next time i will PM phecta or MM

cheers op144 many thanks to you mate

ed

Ed, as far as i am aware Tier 1 is FPOS I and Tier 2 is a paramedic or offshore medic.
Dont get rattled by it all mate, I can see there point that we as FPOS arent medics we are just first aid trained but some get annoyed that we are employed as (Team medics) as they believe that title should solely be the Paramedics job.
A lot of companys wont employ fully qualified medics as its a cost thing and just go the route of FPOS and throw the Medic in the name for the client.

cheers tan mate

i get what your saying but thats not my fault all i done was ask a question a real question about the industry and wanted a real reply thanks to some i have many thanks again to both

ed

No probs Ed.....I wasn't trying to dis your Q by being flippant.

As has been said, T1 'medics' are FPOS, FPOSi even FAW types. It sort of gets lost in translation a bit, because TPs put a wary spin on courses that are essentially FPOSi, which leads those attending, to think they're a medic at the end of it. Can't blame the punter too much though, because from that point on, they're employable, as they are significantly cheeper than:

T2 medics, are state registered paramedics (or appropriate other nation equivalent). Also included in the T2 are offshore medics. Personally, I'd also include ex med wing guys from SF, but that's one for the employers.

The tier thingy, is an american military term, which has somehow crept into the system, and is now fairly common place.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing people refer to themselves as Tier1 medics, because it skews understanding of what they actually do.

I should say guys and guyesses, I'm not doing anybody down here. All power to your elbow for having the diligence and professionalism to seek further training. All I am saying though is if you're an FPOSi from (insert name of TP) then say so. Don't ham it up.

Respect to all.....

Personally, I'm sick of hearing people refer to themselves as Tier1 medics, because it skews understanding of what they actually do.

Not to mention that the US system puts Tier 1 ABOVE Tier 2. All sounds to me like a bunch of needless jargon in this business and making people feel they are something special that they are not, much like all this asset protection bollocks. IT IS SECURITY GUARDING. Asset protection is the bigger picture. The strategic angle. But I digress.

Cheers Scab,

Interesting....I didn't realise that the septics had turned things around. Strange given that it was their thing to start with.

Not too sure what 'tier' I am now. I'll start my own - Tier 5'9" and strikingly handsome.......

hey scab

what i will say regarding the asset label as this is now my section as i have worked both the only difference between asset and static is the rate of about 3 pounds lol

cheers ed

I don't think it was them that turned it around mate... The walts who came up with this medic jargon probably.

so now

FPOS is TIER 2 and the paramedic qualls are TIER 1

FFS i thought i had it down so is FAAW TEIR 3 as im lost now again

ed

Ed, to be honnest, it should not matter what qualification a person has. The employer if they were doing their job right, would have a knowledgable qualified medical person sitting in on their interview pannel and who would take to task those applying for a job where they have applied as a medic provider.

This will ensure that those who have done courses and done well on courses and who are trained correctly get the jobs whilst those who have only scraped through or "attended because they knew a mate of a mate" were weeded out.

You would not employ someone to do close protection in hostile environments who could not use a weapon safely, promptly and efficiently, so why oh why do employees think that medic roles are easy. If someone does not know their stuff then they do not know it. Regardless of it being weapons, comms, driving, tactics, medical etc and so they should not get the role.

Ive seen good and bad medics in the same way as ive seen good and bad on weapon handling, tactics etc and so it has to be down to tougher interveiws and tests at the initial stages to ensure that operators on the ground are getting "Medics" who can actiually do the role and not just those who say they can.

keep safe.

yeah thats great pheacta in the real world but when a person or company asks for a Tier 1 medic what are they looking for as in what quals

so again like i said i can send the info onto the right person

cheers ed

its like pulling f#cking teeth lol

Everything being said here is relevant... but it's really a shame that noone seems to remember the doc that was written by our member M4Med. The doc explains it all in details.

Wether this tier labelling is good, bad, moral or whatever... it only follows one logic : business.

do you have the link mate i dont come in here that much not my section so to speak

cheers ed

Back