SAS (R) or SBS (R)

Thanks everyone who has posted, i have taken all your comments on board, and will consider carefully my next step, you have also given me a couple of different options to think about, which before i didnt even know about. Thanks Again

ohh forgot to add,make sure you can run 5k in less than 18mins and have a bit of meat on the bones to carry a heavy heavy bergan

I think the big problem here is that TV entertainment show "SAS - Are You Tough nough"

people watch the show and think "Oh Thats Not Bad, I Could Do That"

Without previous military training forget it. many experienced regular troops fail and they have far more insight into whats ahead of them

First test is 8 miles in 64 minutes.

Then get yomping.

I showed this my boss who did 16 years in 22, he rolled his eyes.

First test is 8 miles in 64 minutes.

Then get yomping.

I showed this my boss who did 16 years in 22, he rolled his eyes.

He probably rolled his eyes at the 'yomping' bit.

Tabbing's faster :)

Rich H

Yomping is like tabbing......... only slower!
Where did you get the 5 k in 18 mins and the 8 miles in64 mins, no wonder he rolled his eyes hahaha

Where did you get the 5 k in 18 mins and the 8 miles in64 mins, no wonder he rolled his eyes hahaha

Dodger, the first test for TA SF selection before interview is 8 miles in 64 minutes.

I just do not see why anyone would want to Yomp or Tab. If the landrover wont get there, then is it really worth going that way? stick to the tracks and cadge a lift much easier on the legs and the feet lol

Combat Fitness Test; 8 miles over the gentle Purbecks, full fighting order and weapon, 1hr 40min. Just doing it in that time is not good enough. Only the fastest then get to start the 'selection' for selection.
That alone many will fail.
You can be the fittest man in your unit, but that does not mean you will pass.
I see everyone forgets the mental outlook of those who wish to pass for UKSF.

Saward

After the CFT the normal distance to cover will be at least 20km carrying at least 25kg/55lbs average time 4hrs.
Although 20km in 3hrs 45min with a load of 32kg/70lbs is also included.

The views take you over a very pleasent countryside although this can be hidden at times by the various hills perhaps more whilst on a night walk.

Saward

Not to mention such nasty things as driving rain or a howling blizzard.
Really play havoc with ones complexion!!!

Saward

Back