Advice needed on CIT Vehicles

PIRATE

Full Registered User
I do not work for a CIT company but have been asked to look at providing one or two vehicles to move Cash around low profile in a Third World Country.
I do not want to go to the expense of importing an already armored vehicle but would like to Jerry rig a locally purchased vehicle to be able to provide a Low profile CIT service.

The roads here are not the best in the world and I am looking for advice on a good type of vehicle to use.

Most vehicles here are of Japanese manufacture.

May open up a can of worms for you here...But!

I would gather for insurance purposes you would need something that comply's with whatever the insurers feel is necessary to cover all eventualities for the country you are working in.

Or........... Is it going to be done on a shoe string budget with a 'run what you brung' for the tasks!
Either way I would at least start at ground zero and make sure you cover your arse before having it kicked if anything should go amiss. Using a Hilux or Land cruiser/Shogun/Nissan etc is a good starting point and can be armoured up to a certain degree. Best to have a regular pool of vehicles switched between tasks to help avoid getting pinged. Also a decent dash/cam recorder, tracker etc may be of use if things go pear shaped

Anyone not wanting to use a legitimate service and all it's cost's is my MHO.

A) Trying to avoid getting caught out by the taxman,Police, Family or Business associates.

B) Doing a bit of cleaning up, where you or your team run the risk of being the one's getting your hands dirty.

The rest of the hidden traps of doing CIT you are aware of I am sure.

Keep safe.

max

Last edited:

Keep safe.

I truly doubt it.
Give me the details of your first million pound move and I'll pressure test it for you.

Keep safe.

I truly doubt it.
Give me the details of your first million pound move and I'll pressure test it for you.

I'll help, and I'll even pay for my own flight to whatever third world hell hole you are in, ill put it down to expenses against 'future earnings' ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

As it has been already stated you will need the proper kit. One way deposit safe, where the driver does not have keys/access to the cash. Panic transmitter/locator. Run flat tyres. Under protection engine cover. Oxygen or respirators within the drivers compartment. Air lock entry system into the main hold. Armoured glass. Just to name a few items!!

What you would want to ascertain is the potential threat of the nation you are entering.

Many CIT vehicles are built as CEN B4 which you could accomplish with bolt on kevlar and 32mm lexan glass. It will stop multiple rounds of .44 magnum. The issue is most third world nations have access to AK-47's and that 7.62 x 39mm is tough to stop without using ballistic plate or a hard composite.

I'd use a Land Cruiser depending on what you are transporting. Africa uses cash boxes and they can be heavy. Shedding a bit more light on where you are using the vehicles will help to determine the threat.

As was already mentioned, insurance is key. Hope this helps.

Back