covert testing (private coy not DFT)

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
I would be interested to hear of other agents work policy when it comes to covert testing by private companies ie redline etc..

One of the female agents at my workplace is being disciplined due to missing a covert test although they informed us that this is only a training aid. I would agree 100% if it was a missed DFT covert test

No tests should be missed I personally have never missed any..

Can you spy these covert testers in the queue?? ;)

Regards

IDS

I would be interested to hear of other agents work policy when it comes to covert testing by private companies ie redline etc..

One of the female agents at my workplace is being disciplined due to missing a covert test although they informed us that this is only a training aid. I would agree 100% if it was a missed DFT covert test
Why? Did she not do her job properly?

m

To err is human, to forgive divine. Nobody's perfect. In my experience those who profess to be are also top draw tools (and liars).

Regards

IDS

Airlock were doing BAA airports when i worked there, and the protocol was that you'd get a bollocking for missing something. It was disputed that it should really be a training issue, not a disciplinary one. But that comes down to Management taking the high stance on things.
Bare in mind we were tested by Supervisors, trainers, Security Auditors, Airlock, and DFT. It was a free for all.

She obviously missed the threat??

Looks that way IDS. this should be a training issue as opose to a Disciplinary issue unless of course she was grosely negligent in her duties and then it would be a disciplinary issue.

Without all the facts its hard to judge. Obviously the tester and the management have more facts than we have on here.

I thought covert tests were used to only obtain a knowledge of the staffs skill sets and company proceedures and to poke holes to see if extra training or new proceedures need to be put in place, unless it was more down to her behaviour whilst working which come under gross misconduct

WHY did she miss.?
what factors under analysis proved to be the pit falls.
I use the term in the plural as there are are usually many little, tiny factors that can gather together to create a hole in the bubble of security.
these can range from pay, too little, carrying another colleague, feeling abused or of no value.
Too long hours, as silly as an uncomfortable uniform, poorly spaced breaks and poor diet habits.
temperatures, unhealthy working environment.
or the wrong person for the wrong job.
too many ponderables to mention, and these little things are often over looked.
there is usually more than one person, or one factor to blame.

Regards

IDS

How do you spot a 'covert' tester in the queue?

It boils down to a training issue. Depends on stance of company whether they make it a disciplinary issue... Nothing should be missed but we are only human and as such are not perfect. Consultation between the Security Agent, Supervisor/Manager, Covert Tester to assess weaknesses in search and positives in the search and then offer remedial training...

Covert Testing is a mandatory requirement. BDO's play havoc with Covert Testing as they offer eyes on earlier than expected.

Missing a test piece is a fatal error - staff are there to protect the travelling public and are trained to identify threats.

Failure to do so is the fault of the individual as they are the last point of defence - you wouldn't let a driving instructor have six crashes a month and allow them to continue training would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Covert Testing is a mandatory requirement. BDO's play havoc with Covert Testing as they offer eyes on earlier than expected.

Missing a test piece is a fatal error - staff are there to protect the travelling public and are trained to identify threats.

Failure to do so is the fault of the individual as they are the last point of defence - you wouldn't let a driving instructor have six crashes a month and allow them to continue training would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Bullshit regarding BDO's, spot on with the rest.

Back