RM and Scottish Independence

You ask a good question mate because to be honest at this stage nobody knows. In the same way as we are unsure what will happen to RAF Lossiemouth or the Engineering Regiment at Kinloss!

The one thing that I do know is that Commachio will be required to maintain its interest in the North sea. That isn't to say that they could not immediately move down south in the same way as '5' or '6' did returning to Poole.

Please remember that this is just the referendum and although Kim 'Jock' Eck wishes and wants to finalise divorce proceedings by March 2016 just in time for the anniversary of the formation of the Union, the UK government may see it differently. There is nothing to say that any negotiations will be finished by that date and of course we have scottish elections here also in 2016 and an incoming scottish government may see things very differently with a completely different agenda!

Saying that and as I have said on here already let's wait and see as to what transpires on the 18th...

Trust me when I say that the 18th isn't the end game! It's the start of a very messy future whichever way you see it or whichever way residents in Scotland vote. I say residents because only residents have the Franchise!

CD

There was talk when I was at 45 that the unit would be moving down south anyway, the
Plan was for an army regiment to take over Condor.

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

There was talk when I was at 45 that the unit would be moving down south anyway, the
Plan was for an army regiment to take over Condor.

That's interesting LJH..! were there any rumours for Commachio..?

CD

That's interesting LJH..! were there any rumours for Commachio..?

CD

Don't remember hearing anything, but I can't imagine an independent Scotland wanting to keep the nuclear deterrent at faslane, they probably want shut of it ASAP.

It will be very interesting to see what happens, if of course anything does.

Don't remember hearing anything, but I can't imagine an independent Scotland wanting to keep the nuclear deterrent at faslane, they probably want shut of it ASAP.

It will be very interesting to see what happens, if of course anything does.

Yes! the Nationalists want rid of the Nuclear deterent shifting it 400 miles down the road like it makes Scotland a lot safer... That's carcasm BTW! and I am not sure how many of the 7000 direct employess at both Faslane and Coulport + the other 14,000 in the spin off it employs in the local community, will vote... I tend to feel that even the biggest optimist isn't going to vote themselves out of a job but hey, as you say we'll have to wait and see..!

Yes! the Nationalists want rid of the Nuclear deterent shifting it 400 miles down the road like it makes Scotland a lot safer... That's carcasm BTW! and I am not sure how many of the 7000 direct employess at both Faslane and Coulport + the other 14,000 in the spin off it employs in the local community, will vote... I tend to feel that even the biggest optimist isn't going to vote themselves out of a job but hey, as you say we'll have to wait and see..!

Plus the green peace nuts that frequent the place, where will they go now?

Curious to find out the views on what will happen to 3 Commando Brigade if Scotland get independence?

Going back to the original question? here is my appraisal, thoughts or forecast on what 'could' happen to 3 CDO BRIG. The bulk would move back to England within the next 12 months, most likely to the south coast to one of the Commando Strongholds there. Commachio would remain for sometime at Arbroath 'or' they would redeploy them to RAF Kinloss to maintain strategic oversight for the North Sea until a new Scottish government had that security requirement covered. To be honest I could see Police Scotland wanting a piece of that pie... that may sound absurd! and quite frankly? it is absurd but trust me when I say that it isn't the first time a Police force/service has been offered the potential for tasking with such projects... It won't and doesn't work BTW!

As I say, just a thought but strategically the Oil industry will not allow either the UK or Scottish governments to compromise Marine and Rig security so I reckon right now? or after the 18th if there is a Yes vote... Commachio are going either nowhere or 120 miles North...

CD

Comacchio or FPG RM as its now called, is at Faslane.

Faslane is the financial hub of the community where I live and where my kids go to school. I'd like to see Salmond's plan to stop the surrounding area from turning into a bankrupt ghost town if he gets his way. Not that I expect him to have a plan, or give a shit.

Comacchio or FPG RM as its now called, is at Faslane.

Oh is that right... thank you very much! seems I am behind the times. Have they lost the North Sea role in support of Poole then?

CD

Going back to the original question? here is my appraisal, thoughts or forecast on what 'could' happen to 3 CDO BRIG. The bulk would move back to England within the next 12 months, most likely to the south coast to one of the Commando Strongholds there. Commachio would remain for sometime at Arbroath 'or' they would redeploy them to RAF Kinloss to maintain strategic oversight for the North Sea until a new Scottish government had that security requirement covered. To be honest I could see Police Scotland wanting a piece of that pie... that may sound absurd! and quite frankly? it is absurd but trust me when I say that it isn't the first time a Police force/service has been offered the potential for tasking with such projects... It won't and doesn't work BTW!

As I say, just a thought but strategically the Oil industry will not allow either the UK or Scottish governments to compromise Marine and Rig security so I reckon right now? or after the 18th if there is a Yes vote... Commachio are going either nowhere or 120 miles North...

CD

Well..? cancel this load of old bollox then!

CD

Got to the polls at 21:50, vote registered.

Just had a call from a friend in Fleet Protection at Coulport. He left work and went to the polls in uniform. A group of lads outside said to him "why don't you fck off back down south".

He's from Arbroath.

Back