UK Ambulance forum

Used to be a regular contributor, but not been on there for a while.

Have you tried the Facebook page?

ETA: Seems ok now.

Server issue, currently running on temporary ones I see...

Last edited:
Not where I can often be found...
However, I have a question regarding the Ambulance Service in the UK.
How many ambulances are there in the UK that would regularly respond to traffic accidents? 500? 1,000? More? Less?
Why am I interested in the number? Two fold; I have designed a small device that is being tested in two units here in Georgia, and one in a State Trooper's unit; and we are back in a "Moving back to the UK again, mode"
"Ball Park" estimates would be a start. Thanks in advance. By the way, the Trooper has bought his for himself. Not sure what else he's using it for...
DS

Not where I can often be found...
However, I have a question regarding the Ambulance Service in the UK.
How many ambulances are there in the UK that would regularly respond to traffic accidents? 500? 1,000? More? Less?
Why am I interested in the number? Two fold; I have designed a small device that is being tested in two units here in Georgia, and one in a State Trooper's unit; and we are back in a "Moving back to the UK again, mode"
"Ball Park" estimates would be a start. Thanks in advance. By the way, the Trooper has bought his for himself. Not sure what else he's using it for...
DS

It might be an idea to make use of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Either with the police or ambulance services. You'll need to make a request with each individual ambulance trust though.

An example: Freedom of Information | South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

List of trusts: http://aace.org.uk/uk-ambulance-service/

Why? You already mention yourself why you ask the question??
So you already answer your question, so therefore no one will ask.

I'll indulge you, why did you ask,?

DS

Morning all, long time no post....

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient post, but it's UKA related again.

If any of you are on UKA, can you PM me please. I have a favour to ask. Ta.

Back