Anyone heard of PI resouce centre

PLS440

Hi all,
Just received an email out of the blue from the P I Resource centre offering opportunities as an investigator in my area. Just wondered if anyone on here had any knowledge of this company as I can't find much on them. A bit concerned that it may just be another iteration of WIKI, who I looked at sometime ago but decided against after researching their reputation. Don't want to go down the lines of replying and showing an interest unless I can get some idea of the company's reputation.
Thanks

I have spoken to Patrick Carter of TPIRC and then mistakenly paid for the course. In the course material there is mention of "we at Q Investigations". I googled Q Investigations and found out it was a scam - pay for 'training' - get 'qualified' - then pay a monthly subscription for a database of companies needing investigator services - who don't exist.

I questioned Mr Carter about this and he replied there was no connection between TPIRC and Q, and that it was a mistake by the training supplier.

I looked up TPIRC on companies house and found they are about a year old, have one employee (Mr Carter) and there are over 5,000 companies registered at their office address.

I have 120 days left to ask my bank for a 'charge back', so I'm intending on doing the 'training' (the 'qualification' is not a recognized one) as there is supposed to be a practical element to it with actual casework - I'm intrigued as to how the scam will play out - as I'm pretty sure it is now - I've reached a juncture where the next stage is to take a test and the links on the website are dead. I've reported this and I'm still waiting.

I did ask API about TPIRC and they said there had been a number of people inquiring about them and that the API are investigating.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Hello
I too paid for the course in fact I paid in full with the understanding that I would be given full training both online and practical .It has now been close to two months since I passed online exam and they still have been unable to locate me a PI to start the next step of my training.
Nothing in the correspondence I have received since reassures me that they are a genuine company and am now very worried that I have wasted my time and quite a lot of money.
Please reply and let me know an update on your training.

Very Dodgy Company

Hello
I too paid for the course in fact I paid in full with the understanding that I would be given full training both online and practical .It has now been close to two months since I passed online exam and they still have been unable to locate me a PI to start the next step of my training.
Nothing in the correspondence I have received since reassures me that they are a genuine company and am now very worried that I have wasted my time and quite a lot of money.
Please reply and let me know an update on your training.

Hi, to those caught up in this spider's web. The same happened to me, passed the exams,passed over to a Kevin Maynard, no detective trainer available, so took a cold case which I completed. Messaged Patrick Carter, got numerous replies from him re work would be iminent, but still never happened. Got onto them again, blamed brexit, changes in backroom staff, all blah blah, now wont reply to emails. So paid £570 for the course, got no work and no exam pass certificate,what more can I say ?

Can I ask a serious question?

Why did any of you enrol on these courses? What was the deciding factor that convinced you to part with your money and enrol?

Was it the cost, the promise of work, the fancy website or was it just down to poor research on your part?

Thank you

Peter
Peter Jenkins
ISS Training Ltd

Pete,

I know you don't have any sales gimmicks and more power to you for that, I don't use them either!
I also wonder what the thought process was or indeed wasn't before people part with their hard earned cash?
I look forward to the answer.

Regards
premier

It has to be the promise of work.
Only reason I can see people parting with there cash to a unknown company. Desperate for work?
Rush of blood to the head as well.

I cannot believe that people genuinely serious about a career in surveillance or investigations would be so gullible as to keep falling prey to such nonsense! It's bad enough when I hear of the elderly, vulnerable people conned out of their life savings.....but seriously?!
Tell you what, next time you want a course provider, look no further than Pete at ISS.....shine and he may even make some useful introductions for you too.....
I love to talk but God even I am speechless!

I cannot believe that people genuinely serious about a career in surveillance or investigations would be so gullible as to keep falling prey to such nonsense! It's bad enough when I hear of the elderly, vulnerable people conned out of their life savings.....but seriously?!
Tell you what, next time you want a course provider, look no further than Pete at ISS.....shine and he may even make some useful introductions for you too.....
I love to talk but God even I am speechless!

It's because they have bonuses about the reality of the industry.
I think they see themselves as some sort of Magnum PI type running around solving crimes and saving babes.
Nothing could be further from the truth of course.
I'm getting cynical, I'm starting to believe that anyone who gets duped like that deserves it in some way...

Harsh! I do genuinely feel for anyone taken in by these awful people......but agree that may this isn't the work best suited to their skills.

Hi,
Thought I'd let you know that I also had been contacted by PI Resource Centre for work opportunities. Unsure if they were genuine. Have come to the conclusion that I don't think they are as I was always transferred to voicemail when I tried to contact them and I didn't hear back from them.
Funny, I also had an email from WIKI and decided against them!
I am struggling for work opportunities.
Wish you luck my friend.

Back