Security cover for RST

GOLFPAPA2825

Hi

The Pro Group request new SIA registered staff for a new project in Surrey starting this week. TPG require professional security operators that can cover an RST and must live within easy access to the Oxshott area. This is potentially a long term project and would suit those that are also willing to adapt and diversify along with other projects that we have.

Pay: £140.00 per day
Shift: 1900 - 0700
Paid : Every 2 weeks
Dress: Smart casuals. Chinos, Polo shirt, warm clothing

Please Contact: GP 07973360576

Last edited:
GP,

Presumably this is a self employed position,
no uniform as you say "smart casual. Chinos, Polo shirt, warm clothing"
So if your letting those daft or desperate enough to work self employed for £11.67/hr
To be paid monthly... Your setting the bar very low for your client,
I hope their expectations are not too high.

Regards

premier

The Pro Group have taken over this job since the client had a bad experience with the previous company getting ripped off by them. This job is generally an RST 9-12 hours a day however their is a protective surveillance and CP task within this that the guys are on a far higher rate. These additional jobs are pre determined they are not necessarily daily but adhoc. Unfortunately companies are undercutting each other which is driving the rate down. When this goes to salary next year wen are looking at 45000 plus 20 days holiday and pension, does not sound bad to me.

It's good to see you will pay the wages every 2 weeks, must of changed in the edit.
But is it a self employed position?
The bar is still very low, I hope for the clients sack you don't fill the position.

Regards

premier

It's good to see you will pay the wages every 2 weeks, must of changed in the edit.
But is it a self employed position?
The bar is still very low, I hope for the clients sack you don't fill the position.

Regards

premier
Premier, this could be someone's first job. Not only that but some people cant get work, so this would be an ideal opportunity. I was unemployed for 2 years, I would have worked for the pay we are talking about.

Premier said it more politely than I would have, My answer would have began with eff and ended in off - ops1, this could be a job for someones first, would you work with them?

Premier, this could be someone's first job. Not only that but some people cant get work, so this would be an ideal opportunity. I was unemployed for 2 years, I would have worked for the pay we are talking about.

Ops1,
I understand it could be someone’s first job or that people do something fall on hard times, however our industry is now in tatters because of idiots exploiting others and driving pay down. I stand by my comments and think it is a blatant piss take asking for people to work self employed with no employment benefits and no financial incentive, 20 years ago DS staff I employed had a pay rate of £12.00/hr head DS £15.00/hr now I see DS staff getting between £8-£9 / hr and it because of charlatans in the industry paying peanuts and employing monkeys willing to except what is
A) not legal
B) killing the industry
While I and many others struggle to get decent charge rates paid as we employ people legitimately , provide uniform, holiday pay and pensions
(to name just a few benefits)
All the things people take for granted when they instruct a service provider.
Fortunately the contracts I furnish with staff all know the benefits of using a reputable company with employees

Regards

premier

I agree with what your saying Premier, I really do. I for one are one of the first to moan about rates of pay. Don't you think that because of the vast number of people that now have CP/DS SIA licences also drives the money down, because at the end of the day, someone will take the job, and the employers know that. I think its disgusting that we/those that have parted with cold hard cash to pay for our CP courses and FPOS etc. are treated like TCNs, it shouldn't be like this. I would join any campaign to get this rectified.

The point I was trying to make was that when you are desperate, about to lose your family home and car, it is overwhelming to take what you can get. That is the point I was trying to make. Apologies if it didn't come across as that.

I am also on the verge of quitting security after 20+ years in the industry, as I see no future after 55 years old. I have lost faith.

Kind regards,
ops1

Jacky47,

If you read through some of the old posts / threads on here you will find many helpful and brutally honest replies to questions. Back in the day CPW was a true source of knowledge.

Regards

premier

Back