Advice with criminality check

MrBluePlaydoh

Hello guys and girls,
Bit about me first, 19 years severed in the military 11 years Royal Navy, 8 British Army never been in trouble with the law the whole time till i met my ex.
She has already admitted she only went to the police to cause me aggro, She got me charged with Harassment without violence last year, i know it sounds pretty bad but whats a good farther got to do when you are ignored and all you want to do is have your son? and all you can do is keep sending text messages, as that's what happened and now its looking like the SIA will refuse me for that.

I can not help thinking there are good men and woman out there that may have some thing stupid on the record which stops them coming into this industry, I have even got 3 character references in case the SIA needs them but i'm worried they will not even ask for them and give me a NO without even appealing.

So question is do you know of any cases where some one have been given a chance to appeal? do the SIA look into every case individually or is it a matter of "computer says no"?

Thank you in advance for your help.

MrBluePlaydoh,

First things first you say you have been charged, have you been convicted of anything or excepted a caution?

Have you taken legal advice from a GOOD lawyer, the cost will be far less than the potential lose of earnings and the mark against your name.

Get your posts up to 5, then you can send pm if you prefer to not discuss on an open forum

Regards
premier

MrBluePlaydoh,

First things first you say you have been charged, have you been convicted of anything or excepted a caution?

Have you taken legal advice from a GOOD lawyer, the cost will be far less than the potential lose of earnings and the mark against your name.

Get your posts up to 5, then you can send pm if you prefer to not discuss on an open forum

Regards
premier

Thanks for the reply premier,
Yes i already been charged this happened a year ago but the SIA still identifies me as a hardcore criminal, I can go on stag with a rifle but can not stand on a door at the local weatherspoons lol.

MrBkuePlaydoh,

You can reference the rehabilitation of offenders act for any dealings with the SIA

https://assets.publishing.service.g...9916/rehabilitation-of-offenders-guidance.pdf

Get a solicitor to write your appeal and represent you if it goes that far.

Regards
premier
Sorry for delay in reply, I have found the paper work i got from the courts and it was a conditional discharge 12 months them 12 months are over now so i assume its over and discharged now.

So i have done the online checker again on the SIA web site and put in "discharged" for the charge option and now its saying i will be given a license so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help and information buddy i appreciate it.

Back