Hc-v270 attaching an external lens

Fozzie

Hi,

I have a Panasonic HC-V270 and I’m trying to see if I can attach a bullet camera or pin lens to use for bag etc? It’s got hdmi port and the usb and av, anyone got some guidance please

Fozzie,
If the av port is an input you should able to make a pin hole camera work,
Where are you picking up 12vdc?

Depending on your requirements you can use one of these
*link expired*

Regards

premier

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fozzie,

It sounds like you are trying to carry out surveillance from a vehicle,
there are many factors to consider. Lighting, distance from camera to target, duration of recording etc.
Depending on your budget I would consider using a bespoke system.
Look up Vis on here and pm him as he has lots of Gucci kit

Regards

premier

Hey Fozzie,

It sounds like you are trying to carry out surveillance from a vehicle,
there are many factors to consider. Lighting, distance from camera to target, duration of recording etc.
Depending on your budget I would consider using a bespoke system.
Look up Vis on here and pm him as he has lots of Gucci kit

Regards

premier

Cheers,

im trying to utilise the equipment I have at present, I have a 12v bullet camera and an old pin camera that has been used with other camcorders in the past, the real question I have is whether they can be attached to the Panasonic camcorder for recording. I fully understand the parameters and limits to these lenses, it’s the recording side I’m needing assistance with, both have AV leads (red,white,yellow), I just need them to attach to a mini dvr to capture the images

Fozzie,

I don't think the HC-V270 has inputs only various outputs, if this is the case you won't be able to use it as the recorder. If you buy a recorder make sure it is compatible pin hole cameras are normally analog rather that hd digital so bare that in mind.

Regards

premier

Fozzie,

I don't think the HC-V270 has inputs only various outputs, if this is the case you won't be able to use it as the recorder. If you buy a recorder make sure it is compatible pin hole cameras are normally analog rather that hd digital so bare that in mind.

Regards

premier
yeah I’ve had a play with it and it’s not going to work, I’m happy with it as a handheld for other work. Cheers

Back