Hi all,
I've just left the British Army after 12 years in the infantry and am now zone1 based in London. My last post in the military was as a sniper section commander. I'm both sniper section commanders and Juniors qualified, along with drone operator and all the teaching quals that come with the courses. Recently completed both my CP level 3 and my Frec3 through my resettlement. I'm currently on a task and looking for any advice or direction into what I should be aiming for in the future. I have the full resettlement entitlement offered by the Army so have a bit of a pot of money to use for further qualifications.
I fully understand I need to walk in the industry before I run, and I'm certainly not afraid of graft. Is the industry viable in the UK or should I be looking abroad to gain a full range of experience? Very interested in the capacity building side of things abroad as it's what I've done for the past three years training both British and foreign partner snipers.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance,
Liam
I've just left the British Army after 12 years in the infantry and am now zone1 based in London. My last post in the military was as a sniper section commander. I'm both sniper section commanders and Juniors qualified, along with drone operator and all the teaching quals that come with the courses. Recently completed both my CP level 3 and my Frec3 through my resettlement. I'm currently on a task and looking for any advice or direction into what I should be aiming for in the future. I have the full resettlement entitlement offered by the Army so have a bit of a pot of money to use for further qualifications.
I fully understand I need to walk in the industry before I run, and I'm certainly not afraid of graft. Is the industry viable in the UK or should I be looking abroad to gain a full range of experience? Very interested in the capacity building side of things abroad as it's what I've done for the past three years training both British and foreign partner snipers.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance,
Liam