Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

12 hour shift but 9 hour holidays

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
It seems that my company's policy is to only give people 9 hours pay when they take a holiday, despite us working 12 hour shifts.
Now I can understand this sort of thing when you work 3 x 12 hour shifts in a week, as they are just averaging the hours over a normal working week. However, I don't really think its on when people are working 48 plus hours as standard.

Does anyone know what the law is on this?

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
The same happened with one of my old companies I worked for. They said the 3 hours we lost was for unpaid breaks, even though no one ever received that amount of breaks.

I would be interested to find out as well.

Regards

JHD

Longterm Registered User
It seems that my company's policy is to only give people 9 hours pay when they take a holiday, despite us working 12 hour shifts.
Now I can understand this sort of thing when you work 3 x 12 hour shifts in a week, as they are just averaging the hours over a normal working week. However, I don't really think its on when people are working 48 plus hours as standard.

Does anyone know what the law is on this?
Hi Littlewoman

You may find this link useful:-

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics

Regards

JHD

Top Bottom