Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2x UN whities shot in Galkayo airport.

gareth

Longterm Registered User
BBC News - British and French UN workers killed in Somalia named

I would have thought the UN would have made sure their people were looked after a bit better, especially in that shitey place.
They're putting it down to a copper with mental-health issues but considering that the place doesn't function without UN/EU money I would have thought Gaas's boys could have made an effort to keep their golden egg a bit more secure.

RIP

saward

Longterm Registered User
As the UN has ‘permanent’ compound in Galkayo I wonder what the UN Security Staff threat assessment had been.

Bearing in mind the reported remit of Simon Davis and Clement Gorrissen involved money laundering there would be a number of people who would not be happy for them to be there.

Currently three rumours on the ground as to the reason for this deliberate murder.
1 To prevent investigation into money laundering. Piracy payments and corruption.
2 Prevent exposure of former Government Ministers involved in corruption.
3 Both of the above.

At the same time it also comes as an embarrassment to the new government of President Abdiweli Gaas. This to some would be a bonus.

Saward

gareth

Longterm Registered User
I think money going walkabout is at the centre of this too.
When Farole and his mates got voted out a lot of money that has already been pilfered was uncovered.
Of course there will still be civil servants in the same positions and if the UN got wind (officially) of the amount that has gone missing things would go pear-shaped rapidly.

Top Bottom