3rd Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland - The Blackwatch

Nikano

Hello,

I have recently been considering a career in Maritime security and I am hoping for some advice on how I could put myself in a better position and more employable for the service.

Currently I am a Front line infantry section commander (Corporal) within 3 Scots (The Blackwatch) based in Inverness. I have been in the army for 8 years in August this year. I have served in three operational theatres in my time consisting of, Northern Ireland, Iraq, and Afghanistan twice.

From the research that I have done I have found that most places require MSO, SSO and STCW/95. The Medical Certificates and Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate I believe I could get from the army upon leaving.

Any help regarding the route I should be taking would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Secure a Ship running a STCW and Firearms course.

Have a Look at website.

And speak with Paul Maquire.

Hope this helps you

Hi there,
You need to get the STCW 95 training course.Most maritime companies require it.
HASTA SECURITY provides MCA approved training programs like maritime security SSO and STCW 95 courses in Romania. The training facility is in Ceronav (a state owned facility located in the city of Constanta) and is currently offering the SSO and STCW 95 approved Basic Safety Training Course and includes classroom work as well as simulations of real world situations in the training center’s “wet facilities. All classes are taught in English and the price of the course includes food, hotel accommodation and transportation to and from Bucharest. For more information please contact us here.

Back