5.11 Desert Daysacks

PaulSmith

Longterm Registered User
Guys

Flying out with Dyncorp next week. Been looking for one of them 5.11 desert daysacks. Ideally needs to be bigenough to hold kit for quick jaunts around country but small enough to fit as hand luggage.

Anyone got any good websites that I can order from in Uk or do you think I would be better waiting til I get there and sourcing from PX?

Also what the kit like that Dyncorp supply? Should I be taking my own holster/belt etc or is their kit good?

Any advice is most welcome.

Paul

depends what Dyncorp contract you are on, but they generaly supply you everything, 5.11 pants, shirts, all your gear from armour etc, you will get a big bag full of gear most of it youlle keep.

Paul did you work for armor a one time ? As for kit with Dyn they give you almost everything apart from daysack, there is a 5.11 shop on BIAP and also one in the IZ.
Hope this helps.

Regards.

Sosecure

Cheers mate. I was supposed to deploy with Armor last year but didnt end up going. Something Id rather not go into. Regards daysacks Il pick one up in the PX when I get over there.

Paul,

Have the recruiters let you know that you go through a selecion proess when you get out there with Dyncorp ?. Its something that they tend no to mention but best to be aware of, its only the usual stuff ie finess test, weapons etc etc just thought the info may help.
Good luck out there.

Regards.

Yeah, theyve sent me the info regards the tests. Shouldnt be a problem though and as Im only ops staff Ive been told they might not be required. Would be a shame as Im quite looking forward to the induction.

Paul,

You will prob be ok if your Ops staff mate they are a good company to work for the only thing I didnt like was he roation for PSD it may be different for Ops, is also good being based on BIAP as you ge the use of all the yank chow halls and PX.
Best of luck ou there

Regards

Rotations a bit sh*t though. 52 days out per 12 months but still twice as much as a civvy job in UK. Exchange rate is good as well so cant complain.

Cheers for the input lads

Paul

I know a few of their lads here in Afghanistan,not a bad word said,enjoy mate, the pit awaits you stay safe Ram out.

Hi Ram Man,
Just noticed your in Afghan, where abouts matey?
i'm currently in KAF as Ops staff in COMKAF HQ.
If your there abouts fancy a meet for a Tom Hortons wet..:)

Back