A Beginners Guide to becoming a Close Protection Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probie3022

Full Registered User
Nomad, I am now more informed from your one thread than any other source material I've read over the past few weeks since I started looking into the possibility of work in this field. Thanks again and I will shamelessly continue to use these forums for advice in the future.

Lucas3011

This is a great help, I have my CP course in June with Phoenix. Is there any literature you could advise me on/to get in preparation?

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
I would contact Phoenix and ask them for a preferred list of pre-reading. They should also provide you with pre-course notes. It is better to read what they suggest as if you end up reading out of date or conflicting information it will make your course harder rather than easier.

Morgan813

I think most of the blokes previously said how good this post is. I have just qualified as a Door Supervisor with a view to attending a CP course when I can afford it. Many thanks for the information in your post!

apollo19

hi nomad
after reading your article i have found that i want to become a cpo even more now due to your honest words which can only help a new starter into the cpo industry.
i myself am head of security at a large live music venue in bolton,england and have also been working as a door superviser for the past 10 years on and of and have all ways wanted to become a cpo,i have worked in many forms of security such as crowd managment to cvit.
would you be able to recommend a good course that is value for money and that i would be able to realy get myself into the course to get the most out of it.
your help in this matter would be greatly welcomed

cheers apollo19

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Do a search on the forum for training providers but the ones I have a preference for are CTR and NSC. Both I have heard only godd thing regarding their quality of training presuming you are looking primarily at the UK market.

CharlieOscar

Many thanks for the great introduction to CP, I am also new to this site and the information you have provided has answered most of the questions I have wanted to ask.

Please keep up the great work.

Kindest regards

apollo19

nomad
thanks for the tip and yes i am only looking to work uk based to start but would like to go overseas if poss

cheers apollo19

Status
Not open for further replies.