A Question

echoalfa1

Longterm Registered User
Hello Folks, just a quick question, I am right in thinking only serving RMP'S can do the RMP Close Protection coarse ?? the reason I'm asking is a guy working for the same company keeps bragging that he has done it, and he served with the UDR??

. Yes, your right to say only serving RMP can do RMP Longmore cp course. You do sometimes get foreign officers who's governments pay MOD Army for the course but no british Army Regt. Although I have been out for a few years I don't think the rules have changed. I would just humour him and treat it with the contempt it deserves. I am ex RMP, but If I was going to brag about something I would look for something better than being RMP CP lol, it doesn't count for much these days.

Just an additional point, albeit slightly irrelevent, Royal Marines Police Troop guys can and do attend the course.

Cheers.

Last edited:
He may have done a course at Longmoor which would enable him to deploy with a CP Team as a driver, not a CPO. Its not unusual for non-RMP to do this course, then tell everyone that they are RMP CP trained.

Came across the same thing. What your mate has probably done is the PPW course, or a CO's drivers course where some of the guys from 177 had an input. He's a walt tell him to feck off. He aint no RMP CP and i believe thats factual. RLC drivers in their VIP unit do a CP drivers course and one RIR Cpl did this but that was because he was the Boss's driver and had been for sometime. These guys do range/training days with the unit but that makes sense as they deploy with the unit.
M

Hello mate, hope you are well and enjoying the sand.UDR? good unit, loads of respect for them....but....RMP CP Course? Nah....never! As for the others mentioned here...well we were short of manpower for a while and had to train almost anyone! As Mali says, in the good old days? 'across the water' Brigade Commanders' Rover Groups and the like were 'assisted' by 177 but that was as far as it went. Your guy is very probably a 'walt'!!

Take care and regards,

Kenpsd.

No point in running you will only die tired.Better to stay and fight on the ground that you hold.

If i remember correctly 39 Brigade Commander had a BG and RLC driver plus a rover group. All the rest only had a BG and driver including the CLF. GOC had full team. All this has finished so no secrets being let out.
M

Sorry Jannerlad, Being RMP CP trained does count for something, did you fail your course...? :rolleyes:
No I didn't but you obviously think so you are. Point I was making was That these days its who not what you know. But it sounds like you know alot???????? But thanks for your errrm constructive in put.

No I didn't but you obviously think so you are. Point I was making was That these days its who not what you know. But it sounds like you know alot???????? But thanks for your errrm constructive in put.

maybe you didn't get deployed....? ;)
I didn't really understand your reply, never send replies when angry. I do know alot, alot about how my RMP CP got me some high calibre jobs.

Back