A Walt story

conwy

Longterm Registered User
Just finishing a task in AFG so here is a wee story about a walt.

Into the office walks this guy and says in a booming voice "Yeah, I bin doin PSD for 7 years and seen more shit in that time than most people see in a lifetime".

He told us about his Ranger and SF experience in the US military.

He had done everything that was and wasnt worth doing and all by the age of 30. I even got a glimpse of his resume, it was a masterpiece.

It all started to fall apart for him as the weeks progressed.

Another american, a very competent and genuine guy who had been a ranger etc and knowing all the ins and outs of the US army unravelled his story and it turned out that our Walt did just 3 years in a normal infantry unit in Germany.

When asked to conduct a basic first aid lesson covering bleeding for local national staff, he replied that he knew nothing about first aid.

The seven years of PSD evaporated eventually to the point where we could not work out how little he had actually done.

He turned out to be a liability and a disfunctional member of the team.

His knowledge of life outside of the US was minimal, asking the brits once "Do you guys(Brits) celebrate Christmas in the UK?"

Sad thing is that he had the gift of the gab, had a degree in bullshitting, was very loud and was constantly networking with everyone and anyone.

Fortunately he finished his contract, got paid well for actually doing very little whilst the rest of us worked our socks off getting paid the same amount.

None of us could fathom who he had spoken to or done to get on the task as he was not suitable, so perhaps networking is the key!

I come across numptys like that on a regular basis, I find it rather irksome that they open their gobs and some naive client puts money in their pockets, and then the decent guys have to clean up the shit afterwards.............there are one or two that I could mention on CPW; they turn up, **** up and then **** off with the money, leave it a year or so and start all over again.

I come across numptys like that on a regular basis, I find it rather irksome that they open their gobs and some naive client puts money in their pockets, and then the decent guys have to clean up the shit afterwards.............there are one or two that I could mention on CPW; they turn up, **** up and then **** off with the money, leave it a year or so and start all over again.

Not only that but there are a lot of decent guys (i obviously include myself in that list :) ) who can't even get a job due to numpty's filling these jobs. Name and shame all of them is what I say

Mac

........None of us could fathom who he had spoken to or done to get on the task as he was not suitable, so perhaps networking is the key!

I think you are on to something here. On several occasions I have come across walts that have netoworked so well that when you start to dig, at first they seem OK. Then when you dig deeper it all unravels. Also, there seems to be some kind of walt reciprical referencing going on . What I mean is that when you start asking around the people they give as references, they check out, but then when you check out the referee they turn out to be another walt.

I think you are on to something here. On several occasions I have come across walts that have netoworked so well that when you start to dig, at first they seem OK. Then when you dig deeper it all unravels. Also, there seems to be some kind of walt reciprical referencing going on . What I mean is that when you start asking around the people they give as references, they check out, but then when you check out the referee they turn out to be another walt.

In my humble opinion mpcts this really is the big problem. It appears that the walts vouch for each other. This has been going on a long time. Its a matter of digging through that first level of fluff.

Excellent Post

Tapmaster

He should have been Prosecuted under the Stolen Valor Act. The more that go to jail for claiming to be something they never where the better.

Hi Conwy
Talking about Walt Resumes Mate
You should see some of the Fairy Tales Im sent.
Should get them published.Make a great Crimbo Prezzy
Stay safe
Baldrick

Talking about Resumes & CV's; I get a great deal with CPW listed on the CV along with the user name to verify their professionalism. It is the funniest thing.

I interviewed a chap last year................he even wore his little CPW Lapel pin.

Needless to say.......................ROFL

Thanks very much does that mean I've not got the job?:eek: Why didnt you just tell me :rolleyes: Been sat here a year waiting to hear even brought a new motorbike on the strength of that interview :rolleyes: I thought I did well and the job was a dead cert, and in the bag :eek: Gutted..... Thanks.........

Last edited:
In Cancun, i was visiting and not to put people down, but an American asked me" is this the furthest you have been away" on holiday? i said well no i have been to turkey.
American: "how long did it take you to get there"?
Me " 4 hours or so " ?
American:" That's some drive man" and that was the end of conversation :)

Back