Acls

garethyidtrig

Full Registered User
Just after a bit of advice if possible guys. Looking to extend my medical skills and looking at the ACLS. Just wondered of anyone has some information regarding the course. I'm an ex army medic and got the Offshore Medic and PHTLS courses as well. My only worry is I haven't done any intubation or ECG's in god knows how long. Is this taught on the course along with other skills or are you expected to be all over them prior. Thanks in advance lads

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

I did the eACLS course and attended a training provider to undertake the practical assessment. This included an ECG recognition paper of around twenty rhythms (if I recall correctly) and a ACLS resuscitation scenario. I believe the course is only two days so I cannot imagine it will cover the skills associated with advanced airway management.

With regards to ECG's, the more you know before you attend the easier you will find the course. Many of the treatment protocols are based on recognition of the presenting rhythms, so being able to recognise the rhythm is critical to formulating a treatment plan.

Generally speaking, none of these types of courses are true teaching courses. You need to know what's what before you attend.

How have you got your OSM qualification without doing either ACLS or ALS on the course? I thought the syllabus had to include one of these?

And as has been said, they're not really teaching courses, more refreshers and certifications to ensure a consistent and recognizable standard for employers.

RL

Back