Advice needed.

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
Afternoon all,

Today I received a wedding invite sent to my house for myself and my wife. It named us by our correct first names and surname. Bearing in mind we moved to this new address last November and have given it out only to our close circle.

The strange thing is we do not know the couple mentioned on the invite. The wedding is July 2018 which is also a lot of notice. It is in a place called thrapston, Northamptonshire where neither of us have any connection with.

I am not on any social media etc apart from CP world and my Mrs hasn't posted our address online.

I have contacted the venue to see if this wedding is actually booked. I am waiting on a reply if they can give me that information.

I'm probably just being paranoid but I cannot work out who they are or how they have my new address. It's a strange one.

I have a house address and what appears two first names.

Any suggestions?

John.

Give me a call when you're going. It's just up the road from here :)

V :)

I worked it out, I called the church and reception venue and managed to get a surname.
The person was nice enough to tell me they are both serving in the forces.

It's an old army mate. The idiot didn't put any surname on it's, it's another one of his meet a girl and marry her asap days.

I'm just a bit paranoid I think.
I can now take the invite out the small, clear plastic bag it's currently in.

John

That's not saying too much, though the only place I've been to in Kettering in the Police social club so haven't got much to compare them. I stick to the nicer bits of Northants :)

It's good to be a bit paranoid about things like this, you never know who or what organisation wants you out your house on that day and why, it does happen, so if you ever get free tickets to an event on a certain day and you don't know where they're from, beware

Back