dermi1

Full Registered User
They seem to offer a good value course (£2100), although only 15 days but does include first aid at work. Anyone know of or have trained with AGP??

Never heard of them, they might be cheap but will you just be throwing your money away if the trainers and facilities are not upto standard, not that I am saying they aren't as I don't know anything about them.

Likewise,

Never heard of them,read the threads ,the advice for the top trg coys at present are already presented, sometimes you pay for what you get.

Never heard of them either. My advice is that if you are looking to do a CP course at the 2k mark, speak to Delta security. They will give you an honest an square opinion of what suits you best.
External Training - Bristol Event Security, UK Event Security - Delta Security Ltd
Speak to Julian, he is as straight as they come and wont bluff you.

For anyone else out there. Try this trick to suss out a prospective training coy...

Call them up and tell them that you are thinking about dong a CP course.
Whether you are ex military or police, tell them that you have no prior background in security and no contacts within the industry. If they dont give you an honest opinion (ie: you wont get work when qualified) then they are only after your money.

Julian is a good lad but he will either advise you to go to Greymans or Goose CP. He hasn't got the time to conduct CP courses anymore.

C019 - I won't bite! Needless to say you beer debt is increasing and you may have to pay in instalments!

Dermi,

SIA CP course 150 hrs. First Aid course 24-30 hrs depending on the level of course. I don't think this course can be done effectively in 15 days even without the first aid. Do your home work and don't get duped. All that glitters ... and all that!

The Greymans Course is 175 hours of CP training and 29 hours of First Aid Tuition over an 18 day period, this excludes the pre-reads sent prior to the course. Its intensive but it is achievable. The course run concurrently for 18 days.

Apg

Hi guys.

I'm a partner from APG. (::: APG Security Close Protection Training:::)
The course is currently £2100 on offer in order to build up our teams. Full price is £2700+VAT
Our course is one of only a few in the country that includes Defensive driving AND the First aid at work qualification.

As for quality it's a matter of one's opinion, but bare in mind our course was created to to succeed trainees where other courses fail. A number of the apparent top providers offer an identical course that fails operatives in UK based CP work. Others are run by dinosaurs who haven't been in the field for the last 10 years... not much good when hostiles are constantly honing their techniques. Our instructors are routinely deployed in the field. Our last op which they were on was mid December.

I've noticed a few people recommending courses; have you actually done their course? The problem is, many people recommend courses they haven't done themselves.

As for duration.. 15 days intensive.. The courses offered by providers that are 28 days long are 6/7 hours a day max. You can't fully learn CP in any length on time it's an on going process; those of you with any decent level of CP experience will appreciate that fact.

I can always ask our graduates of our course to get in touch should you wish to hear a personal opinion.

Feel free to get in touch... we'll tell you how it is. Hope this helps!

JR... you don't think? In other words you got no idea. I can assure you the standard of our course is higher than most. As for CO, we've retained a contract your company failed to do so with 75% of the operatives on the job being graduates of our own course; I think that speaks for itself.

Back