Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

another joke wage (security)

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Yeah, but you DO get a a nice blue sweater !

...although they'll probably charge you for it. :)

V

JamesK

Full Registered User
By the sounds of it, you get to live on site for free? So if you have no bills to pay 800£ a month isn't to bad surely? But I could be wrong just what the job discription sounds like.

J

Starlight

Super Moderator
Presumably it's a slepping duty as well. All it says is that guard must be on site.

I agree that the money is rubbish, but given that this is a live in post, it could suit a service leaver. Might also be a good spot for one of our wounded brothers or sisters looking for work.

Not too sure that I'd decribe Shepherds Bush as a wonderful location though. Last time I was there it was a drug riddled, violent hole.........

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Shepherds Bush ? Delightful place.

Wasn't that long ago that the BBC were advising their own staff NOT to use underpasses from their staff car parks due to the endemic muggings.

V

Prestige76

Longterm Registered User
That sounds like a company I saw advertising RST staff available to the Client for about £4 or 5 per hour, they have to have cooking and WC facilities and somewhere they can put a camp bed. I guess you could go from a 10 hour day shift, get paid and have free accom to sleep in rather than pay for digs. still Shite money though

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
so false advertising on the job front (location).

Yes you have no bills or anything to pay, you do get your accomodation free, and £200 a week! however, you may not have a place to live next month. Plus realistically, its a prison....you are trapped, not a single night off to go to the pub. Yes you could lead a day life, but your pretty much under curfew. Yes a job can be the same pretty much, but this is a bit too much?

Prestige76

Longterm Registered User
That sounds just like a normal RST, You can't leave site and you take food with you. Not like the door when you pop to the shops lol

ENJ1986

Longterm Registered User
A proper private CP/RST long-term tasking will provide free digs.

Also with the jobs I know that are currently on going, you get between £150-£220 per 12 hour shift.

These will never be advertised because they are filled via word of mouth. I know some of the guys who are on £220 a day have been on a stupidly simple RST tasking for 6-8 years but why change when the only risk is burning your toast in the morning.

If I was asked to do an RST job and it wasn't in the South-West of London or very expensive area of the UK, alarm bells would be ringing! You know the money will be shit, especially if they deduct digs out of your wage.

Hell, even some basic RST jobs pay more/have more perks like free digs etc than regular CP jobs I've seen or heard of.

Last edited:

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
yeah £120 a shift is easy to find. £150 a shift is work of mouth territory. But £200 for 7 shifts, now thats totally un heard of

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
Considering the fact that many people on this forum can't read job adverts, apply for work they don't meet the criteria for, put up posts that demonstrate they don't have the temperament for the role, post up that they'll prostitute themselves and work FOC for the experience, don't have the first clue what the work entails and are generally total nobs, this looks like a great opportunity (for them)

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
You can be GIVEN more on benefits but you cannot EARN it:)
a bit of work needs to be done....you need to go to the job centre every so often to sign on. for 90% of those people, thats a hard days work. they think they've earned it ;)

Scab

Longterm Registered User
Illegal hours. Employees must have the option of having a full day away from their place of work in every seven.

So gracious of them to allow you to do as you please when not at work too.

Oddjob

You can be GIVEN more on benefits but you cannot EARN it:)
There is NO JUSTIFICATION for such a wage,
to argue it's cause is to be an enemy within.
To take that wage, in any circumstances, damages the industry to the core.
It's a disgrace and is indefensible.

pops

There is NO JUSTIFICATION for such a wage,
to argue it's cause is to be an enemy within.
To take that wage, in any circumstances, damages the industry to the core.
It's a disgrace and is indefensible.
Fully agree with you mate.....

....BUT, someone is going to do it, guaranteed.

protectasia

Longterm Registered User
Do what you want during the day?

Just get a proper job during the day, get your head down at nights, get paid 200 quid, not bad value digs in my book. might even get a car parking space thrown in :)

Top Bottom