Any ex LI on here?

M

mad1

how do richard,was 1LI myself until 05.was Bcoy in germany 2.

Marshy

M

mad1

Hi Mad1,

I was B Coy 2ic until Apr 2005. Hope life on the outside is going well.

R

Cool.Was you 2ic In Iraq on Telic 3 an spent time down in the police station for about the 1st 2/3 months of the tour????

RiflesRex

Full Registered User
Nope. I took over after him, when you guys got back from Telic 3. I was in D Coy on Telic 1 and went training recruits whilst you were on Telic 3.

M

mad1

Nope. I took over after him, when you guys got back from Telic 3. I was in D Coy on Telic 1 and went training recruits whilst you were on Telic 3.

ok get ya,so are you still in or are you out an in the industry?

RiflesRex

Full Registered User
No. I got out and am just trying to break into the industry. I've got my CPO course in Apr and have been looking around for jobs to apply for. It's hard stuff, researching like I were back in school. So much info to go through.

How did you find it when you started? Hard or easy?

RR

M

mad1

No. I got out and am just trying to break into the industry. I've got my CPO course in Apr and have been looking around for jobs to apply for. It's hard stuff, researching like I were back in school. So much info to go through.

How did you find it when you started? Hard or easy?

RR

Well yeh its pretty tough to be fair.The market is swamped with guys who have left the forces and done CP courses etc. Some guys from the unit are in the business and in Iraq. Depends what your aiming for tho, are you looking at UK or Hostile Enviro? Also what course are you doing?

My advice is to complete your CP course,sort your SIA Licence out,then look at doing seperate medics course as there are not that many good qualified medics in teams both here or Iraq, also look at doing a surveillance course, in a word what I'm saying is,the more of a mixed skill set you have,the more employable you become. Ex Med do various med courses, which im sure you will have seen on here. Also a couple of Ex 1LI guys asked me for advice with regards to getting into the industry,they didnt listen and it took 1 alot longer than he first thought. Doesnt bother me,but I gave advice because Im working here and I network with some very experienced guys.

sid68

Full Registered User
i was 1LI 85-2005 including all the changes, then opted for 1 Rifles after my 2 year stint at IBS (Brecon) 07-09. now on the outside

jdo2222

Full Registered User
Hi All,

Ex 1LI 1995 - 2008

Now self employed in uk looking for surveillance & cp work.

Live Southeast

JDO2222

stewart1513

Full Registered User
ex li

hi mate i am ex 1li, left in feb 2007 last 2 years at catterick, joined in 96 back end of.

Regards
stewart

waynem007

Longterm Registered User
Fellow Infantrymen/Riflemen. I was 2LI 95-99 SP Coy (GPMG), HQ coy (Int) rebadged to 1RGJ in ireland when they took over in Belfast till 2002. good to see a showing from the green machine!!!!

gemini_9591

Full Registered User
Good to read that the LI is still alive on the site and have good memories of time served, I was in 2LI from 75 to 92 and like the rest of you had a good laugh stay safe where ever you all are.

gemini9591

Cede Nullis