Any RAFP here?

moleman

Full Registered User
Or am I the only one?

lol

I was in 1988 - 1996. St Mawgan, Lyneham, Aldergrove, St Athan and a few detachments.

Been on the circuit since I got out. Mostly UK CP/RST.

Welcome Snowdrop ! Rivet Checker or P&SS ? Might want to enhance your CV to attract some interest as it helps as a USP. Aviation skills come in handy considering most VIP use planes. Bit like having a person with semi web feet on a Nigerian Coastal Task.

Just please tell me you wasn't CI....
Chum of mine twas a Provost Officer in your crew... Chris Cambell.. Now that man knows his way round the roulette wheel....

who the hell says chum? seriously hippy CHUM??????? Only you could use a phrase like chum.

I have a good friend at St Mawgan now who is RMP, he was at Brize before that

I did a 5 year stint as a Snowy. Had a great time, what I can remember of it. Last posting at Northolt.

Fiat Justitia! (1.6, good condition, metallic paint, only done 200,000 miles. Offers, Lol)

who the hell says chum? seriously hippy CHUM??????? Only you could use a phrase like chum.

Now, there is nothing wrong with the term chum...
I had school chums, then chums in the mess and now I have... Oh, haven't got any...

I wasn't P&SS. Spent some time on the Dog Sections though. I did do a bit of ATSY at Lyneham. All sorts really. It's a very varied job if you're not stagging on a gate. :D

Yeah, I will 'enhance my CV'.

Annie - Who do you know at St Mawgan? I have a very good mate on the Police there too. PM me if you'd prefer.

LOL @ Scuffer.

I served 1980 - 1986 in the RAF Police. Crusader 80, West Drayton, Wildenrath, St Mawgan, P&SS Rudloe Manor back to St Mawgan - then I saw the light and transfered accross to the RMP before seeing an even brighter light and eventually PVR'd in 87.

Watchman

I wasn't P&SS. Spent some time on the Dog Sections though. I did do a bit of ATSY at Lyneham. All sorts really. It's a very varied job if you're not stagging on a gate. :D

Hi Moleman - i wondered if there were any scuffers on here, lol.

I done some time on dog sections at the Scottish bases and also atsy duties though never anywhere nice - only got the horrid sandy places, lol. Eurgh - done a bit of stagging on at the gate also, though only for a week as we were short dog handlers ;)

Ex RAFP

Hi know its an old post but thought would join the thread as see theres quite a few RAF Reg on site here as well, so no barrier goes up barrier goes down jokes lol.

Served 24 years in various roles 1980 - 2004 from Basic, ATSy, P&SS, tours included Waddington, Bruggen, Oakhanger, Berlin, Headley Court, Laarbruch, Aldergrove, Lossiemouth, Halton. OOA dets to Bosnia, Kosovo, USA, plus usual short term ones.

Worked in Middle East for last 4 years as Training Manager for Security Project for Oil and Gas, good number but as all good things, the contract was completed early this year.

Great Site and although not CPO and more into training, and Security Management have used the site for some great information and sure the networking will come in handy with the wealth of experience on here.

CPworld Function 5th June 09

Any ex RAFP attending on Friday at VSC just booked my ticket and Hotel. May know some of the RAF Reg lads as well. Seems like an excellent opportunity for networking and stuff.

I couldn't make it on Friday. Despite having other things on, I have a deep mistrust of Paypal. LOL

Nice to see a few others on here.

Hiya,
76 to 83 as RAFP. Did handling and station. Scampton, North Coates, Bishops Court, Aldergrove, Northolt, Benson, Waddington, Stanley and then PVR into civpol then out into this industry. Looking at some of you guys is making me feel rather old!!!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, lol
Currently serving RAFP, based at Honington, for my sins. Looking to do a CP course in the near future. Any similar stories? Get in touch....
Hawkeye

Ruperts, Clement Freud or serious and rich landowners when calling their children to the tea table... :D

Hiya,
76 to 83 as RAFP. Did handling and station. Scampton, North Coates, Bishops Court, Aldergrove, Northolt, Benson, Waddington, Stanley and then PVR into civpol then out into this industry. Looking at some of you guys is making me feel rather old!!!

Interesting, I knew of a plod that decided to plan an early realease from the services..? took his dog across the airfiled, blew its brains out, dragged it back to the Aldergrove RAFP HQ demonstrating his ability at close quarter combat and trusting that this action would secure his early release..!

Outcome..? they gave him another Dog and told him "there are plenty more where he's come from" :D :D

I'm ex RAFP, 1980-2003, mainly QPD duties. Served at Scampton, Waddington, Benson, Falklands, Bishops Court, Newton, St Mawgan, Aldergrove, Defence Animal Centre. Worked on a few jobs in the Middle East and Republic of Ireland since. Presently enjoying a leisurely 'break'.

Back