Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone heard of HZL?

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
Interested to hear from the experienced CP operators or Forum members here.
As the title says has anyone heard of HZL as a CP training provider based in the U.K.?

They have a big contract with a
government department doing CP training. They then say you need refreshers every 6 months or so which the department obviously have to pay for, which is obviously not required by the SIA.
Heard mixed reviews about the instructors they have.

I'm just doing some fishing here, are they Well known on the circuit or Walts?

Thanks.

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
To add to this, one of the instructors said that today
"His company is one of only 4 in the world that can deliver the city and guilds CP course".
I'm not on it but a few mates are.

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
Never heard of them.
Looking at their website and course detail, I can't say I'm exactly blown away by what they say.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears they're delivering:

The required First aid training plus some enhancements. FAW is 3 days and lets assume they cram the other bits in as well
That leaves 12 days to cover the CP modules

The minimum requirement for those is 140 hours of guided learning (not including the extra study and time to reflect and embed your newfound knowledge that everyone needs)
So add lunch and a coffee break or two and that's 13 hour days, non-residential, so you've travel on top.
You'll ideally need to spend time with the other delegates to bounce ideas around and learn from their experience too, so that's on top.
Doesn't sound like it's particularly conducive to learning, sounds more like it's another course covering the absolute minimum it can get away with for the money.
You need to consider the ability for yourself and others to learn - if anyone gets stuck will the instructors have the time to help? Will the class sit around and wait, fall behind and others areas will be rushed to make up for lost time?
How much practical time will there be to act out scenarios?
You can have the best instructors in the world, but not having enough quality time with them and enough time to actually take in what they're teaching means the end result isn't a CPO that can deal with the role in real-life, it's a guy with an SIA licence.
Big difference

Top Bottom