Anyone know anything about ISA-Israel?

CrazyCat

Full Registered User
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has trained with ISA-Israel? I'm taking a women's bodyguard course they're holding this October in Switzerland and I'm not sure what to expect. They're calling it a "special qualification program" for women interested in becoming close protection operatives. It's a free, week long course and the top five participants can take part in the VIP Protection Specialization course completely free. I've been looking into executive protection for a while and thought this would be a good way to see if it's something I really want to do. Has anyone heard anything about them or know anyone who has trained there?

I asked this question a little while ago....

http://www.closeprotectionworld.com...es-anyone-know-anything-about-isa-israel.html

Draw your own conclusions but 'free stuff', generally isn't and 'no catch', means there generally is!

An introduction course is of no benefit, talk to people in the industry, females especially (there are several here), get Rich H's book and read it, and if you want to go for it, save up and do the best course you can, also plenty of solid advise available here for those who want to listen!!!

My friend took my advice in the end and decided not to go for the ISA intro course, she's working with me now on festivals and other tasks to get some experience before she does her CP course....

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, just mind your back, plenty of assholes out there who will screw you out of your money with the promise of work after you do their course.............

Last edited:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has trained with ISA-Israel? I'm taking a women's bodyguard course they're holding this October in Switzerland and I'm not sure what to expect. They're calling it a "special qualification program" for women interested in becoming close protection operatives. It's a free, week long course and the top five participants can take part in the VIP Protection Specialization course completely free. I've been looking into executive protection for a while and thought this would be a good way to see if it's something I really want to do. Has anyone heard anything about them or know anyone who has trained there?

Thanks for the head up on this, you got the blokes number? Have you seen him yet with your own eyes? Thanks in advance.

Hi

as a female in the industry for 30 plus years let me give u some advice, If you are not already in the industry or have police or military background then do a DS course first and gain some experience doing event work and learn what the people in the industry are like.
Female CP are always needed, however, if your just doing a CP course with no background you wont get a cp gig, you will still need to gain experience in the industry. As for being a free course again nothing comes for free.
Also be aware whom ever you train with is looked at by recruiters,crap training firm on your cv will not get you an interview.

FBG

It's the "special qualification for women" bit I don't get? Is there a different syllabus one needs to follow if you're female?

Heno

Thanks for the advice. I have no police or military experience but I am a paramedic, which I've heard might help. Any thoughts? Also, I don't think we have DS courses in the U.S. so I'm not sure how to go about gaining experience.

Last edited:
I know that the course isn't worth anything but the people who get the highest scores in the course get to do their "real" close protection course for free which is tempting since it's like $8,000 or so normally. I bought a book a while ago on the top 20 executive protection schools and it was listed as one of them but I don't know... Here's the link to the course.Women

Last edited:
A course, no matter how much it costs, is only as good as the wider pool of employers view it.
There's no point in wasting your time and money (it will still cost you a couple of thousand dollars, even if the course itself is free) doing a course that doesn't have any credibility with those who will ultimately give you a job!
A good, reputable training provider in the States will stand to you much better than a made up course somewhere else!

Theres also the cost of flying to Switzerland for a week to consider (plus expenses and time off work), all on the basis that you 'MIGHT' get chosen for a full course in Israel, which you then have to fly to, flights and expenses again!

Talk to providers locally and do the US CPP before you jump in to anything!

Well ive just read the link and all I can say is for **** sake it sounds like women usually achieve low scores so this course will help apparently, it is done over months obviously so that we can get child minders in place, and not suffer withdrawal symptoms of being away from the kitchen sink for 4 weeks at a time. It is so degrading its not funny.

heno to answer your questions on the special courses, we do these for the following reason.

1) Whilst cooking like a domestic godess and learning to lick a spoon seductively we learn to laugh at our husbands in restaurants when he has his hand round our throat, secretly we grab his bollocks under the table squeeze hard whilst throwing ourhead foreward to connect with the bridge of his nose hopefully resulting in breaking it.

2) Female course 2 is where we learn to coiffeur our hair,wear make up and as hard assed girlies we wax our legs not shave them.

3) We learn to repel the advances of our male colleagues especially the spotty newbies who at 25 years old hang on your every word when they should be checking out the zit cream at boots. Hope this clears up our need for female courses lol

fbg

Oh god its been so long since I did that course I forgot all about it, senior moment lol

fbg

Hi fbg,new to the site so excuse my question if its out of place ? As a female in the industry i have worked mostly over the waters from UK so have never needed to do a course,have been with the same family for 19 years protecting my clients growing up, for the early years i was nanny security with the other family nannies,this progressed to being in charge of the security elements within the party and responsible for the liason with the parents (diplomatic) and deployment of the men on the ground,these being mainly Brits with additional local nationals drafted in from the various countries we visit, my point is this ! no matter what training courses these boys had done for their sia badge they were all the same mentality in their work ethics ,they had not got a clue as to what to do in the real world working enviroment,thank god for the older men who were laid back and just got on with it.I trained with firearms in the states/UK before the ban and the Middle East but i have always felt i have let myself down the martial aspect of training ,i have never done any form of fighting skill and apart from the fact that i am physicaly fit and can fight like a bitch to protect my wards i have always felt this weakness of relying on the male members of the team to carry the fight if required but then i feel as if they are protecting me as well as the principals ? So their is the question ?for all you trainers out their ,who is the best to instruct a female in the art of cpo self defence? could i ask you fbg your opinium and who trained you for your sia badge and should i go down that road or just carry on? And yes all you men out their who are going to reply ,,,,research ,check the forums etc ,i have but i want it from a specific,a woman whos done it.Thank you in advance.

People, ignore the training and how it is described, look deeper into who is running this. There is a reward on this twat worth more than most of what you all are driving. To attend this course would be like holding hands with GW Bush walking down the streets of Mogadishu, your going to die just for being next to the person. Just dig deeper and then check him out with Interpol, still has a Green Notice. To bad it's not a toe tag.

Yeah I know about 200 people right now who thinks this whole thing is too good to be true, meaning this person surfacing again. But it is worth the four drive.

Well ive just read the link and all I can say is for **** sake it sounds like women usually achieve low scores so this course will help apparently, it is done over months obviously so that we can get child minders in place, and not suffer withdrawal symptoms of being away from the kitchen sink for 4 weeks at a time. It is so degrading its not funny.

heno to answer your questions on the special courses, we do these for the following reason.

1) Whilst cooking like a domestic godess and learning to lick a spoon seductively we learn to laugh at our husbands in restaurants when he has his hand round our throat, secretly we grab his bollocks under the table squeeze hard whilst throwing ourhead foreward to connect with the bridge of his nose hopefully resulting in breaking it.

2) Female course 2 is where we learn to coiffeur our hair,wear make up and as hard assed girlies we wax our legs not shave them.

3) We learn to repel the advances of our male colleagues especially the spotty newbies who at 25 years old hang on your every word when they should be checking out the zit cream at boots. Hope this clears up our need for female courses lol

fbg

Yeah, it does sound pretty damn degrading...guess the whole "free" aspect drew me in. Think I'll just save up and take a course here in the states. I just don't want to spend tons of money on a course and not be able to find employment afterwards. Will being a paramedic help me find employment? I talk to someone a while ago who works for a company in new york and she said they need more medically trained people in the field.

Have a chat with Patriot USA Inc, In NYC, they have a fantastic team and like to have operators with a strong medical background..

59NYB Slightly confused by your post, are you saying you were a nanny and now run the security detail? I read an article a couple of weeks ago about a female who had been a PA and therefore around CP teams she then did a CP course and ended up as a team leader
which not only made my blood boil but scared me witless, being around a CP team does not make you an operator.

I did my course 30 years ago way before the SIA so only had to do the exam. Personally I did unarmed combat taught to me by a couple of guys who once up a time hung around on a balcony. We as females however do not normally have the upper body strength that our male colleagues possess so the truth is could I put one man on the deck, yes probably, could I put two down ...no.

But as ive said before, if we get into a fight then we have lost, its not our job as CP to fight its our job to remove our principal and leave the fighting to the back up team

fbg

Back