jacqueline m

thanks but partner failed exam but doesnt know in what questions and has to resit but they wont tell him what section he failed, if he thought he was right first time how can he know where he went wrong.

No one can post the questions to any SIA training courses as they will feel the full wait of the Training and Security Industry being brought to bare upon them, as this is simply cheating and coning your way into getting the license.

The Security Guards exam is so easy its a joke. If people cant pass the exam then they are not grasping even the basics of the Industry they have chosen to work within. It's like asking for the Exam Questions for the Close Protection Exam going off and copying the answers from a book and cheating your way into a pass mark and then going off to work as a CP Operative, that is a total insult to all those who have actually bothered to pay attention to their trainer, reading and studying the Resource materials from the course and the instruction from the trainer on exam technique.

Who did your partner train with, who was the Awarding Body, ie NOCN, BIIAB etc ?

Yes - it is a different license - the SG license just covers security guarding but the DS license covers both doors and security guarding - I disagree with the comments that the SG exam is that easy - I am assuming the exam taken was the NOCN exam - some of the questions are so ambiguous it is untrue and in cases do not even relate to course content at times - the candidate also has to get at least one answer correct in each section of the exam.

is this licence different from the D/S one?

Yeas mate, it is known in the training sector as step down, basically Anyone with a Close Protection Officers License can work as a Door Supervisor or a Security Guard (if things are a bit slow with work in the CP Sector).

Door Supervisors can work as Security Guards (if they are looking for day work).

Security Guards License can only work as a Security Guard and cannot under any circumstances work as Door Supervisors unless they get extra training and obtain a Door Supervisors License.

There is no way anyone in these three sectors can step up without further training and obtaining the required License.

Hope this helps.

I would not bother going for the Security Guards License as it limits your working capabilities. I would recommend that you undertake a Door Supervisors Course and obtain the Door Supervisors License.

People working as Security Guards with a Door Supervisors License tend to get a better wage than those with just the Security Guards License.

I would not bother paying for a badge that you dont even require. Stick with the D/S Badge

He can appeal to the SIA, or swot up and resit, it aint a hard exam, as for the Q's, thats cheating a bit, they come from a pool so there's no way of knowing which one he sat.

He can appeal to the SIA, or swot up and resit, it aint a hard exam, as for the Q's, thats cheating a bit, they come from a pool so there's no way of knowing which one he sat.

There is no appeal to the SIA as they are not connected with the examinations in any way shape for from - if a candidate thinks they have been disadvantaged or treated unfairly they can appeal to the awarding body but I have never know a result to be overturned - and yes I do have lots of experience in this field.

Yes - it is a different license - the SG license just covers security guarding but the DS license covers both doors and security guarding - I disagree with the comments that the SG exam is that easy - I am assuming the exam taken was the NOCN exam - some of the questions are so ambiguous it is untrue and in cases do not even relate to course content at times - the candidate also has to get at least one answer correct in each section of the exam.
Agreed. The exam is not easy. Its not particularly hard either, but yes the ambiguity of some of the questions really is untrue, so while its one thing saying anyone with half a brain could pass, even using common sence in many questions will not help!
You have to mug up to pass.

Back