Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Armed Forces Pension Transfer

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
Hi all,

I have been looking at transferring my pension into an investment for my business, possibly into an office establishment or even a public house. Has anyone got any knowledge on the process of this? I was steered towards the following company:

Welcome to Ex Armed Forces Pension Transfers | Ex Armed Forces Pension Transfers

also known as Caledonian International Associates

any help is greatly appreciated

regards

Jloveday

Carl Dowd

I'm no expert mate, but just be a little cautious..? Military pensions are paying better these days than any transfer scheme and annuities are 'Crap' @ the mo...

Just an observation buddy!

CD
Pensioner

Ivan67

Longterm Registered User
"But don’t just take us at our word, contact us to find out more about ex-armed forces personnel who took the opportunity to get in touch with us to understand their financial future."

Straight from their website..... So we should not take their word for it, we should contact them to find out more.

Perhaps I am just really f*cking stupid for asking but when you get in contact with them (the same people you should not trust) exactly who will they put you in touch with and what is their affiliation with the firm.

I only read the thread because I never heard of a pension transfer, I just get paid ever month. So naturally I wanted to know more and I clicked the link because I would like to know if transfering my 4,822.10 a month that is tax free would get me more money. Only to read I should not trust them, but I should trust them enough to call them and then trust whom ever they would put me in contact with.

Loveday, just looking from the outside in I would say if they contact you, DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT TAKE THEIR WORD FOR SHIT. Just a what I think.

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
Cheers guys, have been researching them and a few guys on exforces jobs on Facebook have stated they are very good, i will tread with caution however and let you know what they email back. As they say if something is too good to be true, usually is

regards

Jloveday

Carl Dowd

"But don’t just take us at our word, contact us to find out more about ex-armed forces personnel who took the opportunity to get in touch with us to understand their financial future."

Straight from their website..... So we should not take their word for it, we should contact them to find out more.

Perhaps I am just really f*cking stupid for asking but when you get in contact with them (the same people you should not trust) exactly who will they put you in touch with and what is their affiliation with the firm.

I only read the thread because I never heard of a pension transfer, I just get paid ever month. So naturally I wanted to know more and I clicked the link because I would like to know if transfering my 4,822.10 a month that is tax free would get me more money. Only to read I should not trust them, but I should trust them enough to call them and then trust whom ever they would put me in contact with.

Loveday, just looking from the outside in I would say if they contact you, DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT TAKE THEIR WORD FOR SHIT. Just a what I think.
4,822... s*it you must have had some awesome pension advice Brother, unless of course you are talking here of Kroner, Nepalese Rupels or the Botswanian Dollar! :)

CD

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
Had an email back from these guys and they have sent me a form so that they can request details from AFPS and once that arrives they can discuss options with me so will keep you posted

LeeWhittakerandco

Full Registered User
HI Loveday,

It may be worth you having a look on the taxman's website HM Revenue & Customs: Transferring your pension about transferring pensions. We have heard some nasty stories in the past about clients transferring their pension then being stung with a 40% tax bill on the lump sum.

Getting good financial advise before making any decision with your pension is a must.

All the best,

Lee

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
Thanks Lee, I will certainly conduct a lot of research prior to making any decisions.

regards

Jloveday

Top Bottom