arrest and restraint British army

None yet bro, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Just out of interest, did you start out RGJ and transfer to the RAF? Just curious.

he had a ASP/Casco Baton said they use them for public order?

If that's what he said, why are you doubting him and coming here to check up on what he said...maybe he really meant what he said:cool:

You realise the army do medical things, with their own medical corps, the army fly with their own air corps, the army do engineering things with their own royal engineer corps, the army do infantry work with their own infantry corps, the army do armoured work with their own royal armoured corps, the army can call in artillery with their own artillery regiment, the army do logistics with their own logistical corps, the army gain/sift/sort intelligence with their own intelligence corps, the army sort out their own personnel and pay with their own adjutant generals corps, the army even do musical things with the corps of army music, the army does physical training with their own physical training corps, the army do communications with their own signal corps, so is it not fesible that they do public order and have their own policing roles too?;):eek:

Last edited:
If that's what he said, why are you doubting him and coming here to check up on what he said...maybe he really meant what he said:cool:

You realise the army do medical things, with their own medical corps, the army fly with their own air corps, the army do engineering things with their own royal engineer corps, the army do infantry work with their own infantry corps, the army do armoured work with their own royal armoured corps, the army can call in artillery with their own artillery regiment, the army do logistics with their own logistical corps, the army gain/sift/sort intelligence with their own intelligence corps, the army sort out their own personnel and pay with their own adjutant generals corps, the army even do musical things with the corps of army music, the army does physical training with their own physical training corps, so is it not fesible that they do public order and have their own policing roles too?;):eek:

He wasn't Police, that was the issue, so the feasability of a normal soldier being permitted to have a extendable baton is pretty slim.:cool:

the feasability of a normal soldier being permitted to have a extendable baton is pretty slim.:cool:

...but a rifle, bayonet that's ok right? They gave me stuff like that, unless I was dreaming:( ...which is also a possibility time does fly by some times:rolleyes: could have been a dream.

...but a rifle, bayonet that's ok right? They gave me stuff like that, unless I was dreaming:( ...which is also a possibility time does fly by some times:rolleyes: could have been a dream.

You get those things at specific times for specific task's, you don't take them home. Some of the tom's could get them self in trouble in an empty room, do you really want them walking the streets with batons and using them. Bad press for the Army.

Now I was only a lowly TA, but didn't the pick-helve used to be the blunt instrument of choice when not on ops? Before the threat on the main land ramped up in the mid 1980's, I seem to remember a pick-helve was fairly "de-rigur" for those stuck on guard?? Looking back I have no idea about the legalities of carrying one as they were carried "off base" in certain situations as well...

Apart from the Red Caps, I don't ever recall seeing a side handled baton or ASP? For "public order" training, I recall getting a fairly serious batton about 3 foot long, put it lacked the street cred of an ASP, so I don't think anyone tried to knick one...

Back