Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Assistance required -Self-Employed CPO's/CPO Providers

Proactive Intelligence

Full Registered User
Group,

We are currently looking into the possibility of adding CP and Security Services as a further offering to our clients but require assistance of those in the know.

SIA etc is in progress but as this is not an area we have great knowledge of would be grateful of any assistance from suitably qualified CPO's or other service providers.

I realise there are probably those on the forum that have been in service or CP since they were in short trousers/skirts and I dont wish to offend or insult anyone by placing this post but what should our main considerations be prior to entering into this area and offering the services?

I would ideally like to be able to provide a agent's agency for self-employed CPO's or CPO teams or alternatively provide referals and recommendations to other (More knowledgeable) CPO providers.

Any assistance or advice will be gratefully received.

Daniel

nozzer

Longterm Registered User
Id say 1 main consideration is to know the fundamentals of any business before trying to make a quick £££ out of it. The market is already saturated with CPO,s, Companies and "Agencies" who dont have a clue. The result of this has caused lower wages, lower standards and companies popping up out of no-where.

Id also advise not to try and insult a forum of (majority) CPO,s by asking how to get into something you have no clue about. Would you go into a bank and ask them to turn over there books, because you wanted to open a Bank next door, but didnt have a clue about finance?

beastie

Longterm Registered User
Daniel, try approaching it from a different angle. The majority of guys and girls on this site will probably give the advice that you are looking for but add the service and take it from there. If you can get it up and running, then good look to you fella, but my advice is to just go for it. You may then have the chance to recruit from the forum if the service you provide does eventually take off and alot of the guys and girls on here are self employed. Good look with your venture.

Proactive Intelligence

Full Registered User
Nozzer - Your response is exactly what I had half-expected and hoped to avoid and had you spent a little more time thinking about it you would have realised your mistake. I understand from our daily bread-and-butter instructions there are alot of people that go into area's they do not know much about and that generally they make a complete hash of it hence my post to the people who know what they are talking about.
I'm also unsure of how I could offend any CPO's by asking what THEY would want from an agency before I start my own.
You have answered some of these questions already "The result of this has caused lower wages, lower standards" so higher wages and higher standards would be a good start for any agency.
As for your assumption that everyone who ventures into CPO provision is trying to make a quick £££ if this were the case I would not be asking CPO's what THEY want from an agency as if all i was interested in was £££ i wouldn't care less.
It would be easy for me to open a carbon copy of the lesser CPO agencies that have obviously upset some in the industry but where would the challenge be in that?
As for the QUALITY companies that are already providing this service we would be providing referrals and further work opportunities benefiting both the agency and their agents? I would not be willing to place my companies reputation on the line referring a substandard agency with underpaid and demotivated employees and the more people who think like in any business the better as it makes it even more difficult for the 'cowboys' to survive.

Beasty - Thanks for the encourangement!

Last edited:

nozzer

Longterm Registered User
Nozzer - Your response is exactly what I had half-expected and hoped to avoid and had you spent a little more time thinking about it you would have reaslised your mistake. I understand from our daily bread-and-butter instructions there are alot of people that go into area's they do not know much about and that generally they make a complete hash of it hence my post to the people who know what they are talking about.
I'm also unsure of how I could any CPO's by asking what THEY would want from an agency before I start my own.
You have answered some of these questions already "The result of this has caused lower wages, lower standards" so higher wages and higher standards would be a good start for any agency.
As for your assumption that everyone who ventures into CPO providion is trying to make a quick £££ if this were the case I would not be asking CPO's what THEY want from an agency as if all i was interested in was £££ i wouldnt care less.
It would be easy for me to open a carbon copy of the lesser CPO agencies that have obvously upset some in the industry but where would the challange be in that?

Beasty - Thanks for the encourangement!

Bla bla bla.....

I,ll get drawn in to this one and entertain you for a while..

A few fundamentals of business:
1. Know your market
2. Know your business
3. Add profit
4. Communication
5. Add value

Where did i state "everyone" who enters into the CPO business is out to make a quick £££. This would fall under fundamental 5, communication or your lack of listening/reading interpretating correctly. Result = failed business.

You state "there are alot of people that go into area's they do not know much about" This statement would fall under fundamental,s 1 and 2 Know your market, know your business. Result = failed business

What is your purpose for providing an already saturated market with a service that hundreds of others are already providing. Are you doing out of purely "generous and giving" reasons? This would fall under Fundamental 3 by lacking to inject profit. Result = Failed business

Where are you going to generate your profit from, that other agencies and/or companies with years of trading are lacking? This would fall under Fundamentals 1 through 5. Result = failed business.

What made you assume i hadnt thought through my answer or in some way made a mistake by answering. Never assume in business, look at whats happening in the world markets at present, this was caused by assumption that the property market would carry on rising (along with a plethora of other mistakes and Government insistance on the fractional monetry system) This would fall under all the above fundamentals. Result = failed business.

Read this again and answer me and the board. Does this really make any sense?
Honestly mate, what does this mean?

As for the QUALITY companies that are already providing this service we would be providing referrals and further work opportunities benefiting both the agency and their agents? I would not be willing to place my companies reputation on the line referring a substandard agency with underpaid and demotivated employees and the more people who think like in any business the better as it makes it even more difficult for the 'cowboys' to survive.
It would have made more sense to have said something along the lines of:
hehsss jjdssoo skdkdjffj oss sodofikf sodg\s\g \eew EWRER faeffsj
efewj dkdkssggg

As you will see, your bound to fail before you have started, why? Simply put, you dont have a clue what your on about. :p

Last edited:

Proactive Intelligence

Full Registered User
Had you taken time to see beyond your red mist you may have noticed that your unhelpful response has absolutely no substance to it at all.

Where did i state "everyone" who enters into the CPO business is out to make a quick £££. This would fall under fundamental 5, communication or your lack of listening/reading interpretating correctly. Result = failed business.
1. You may not have "stated" everyone but my reading/interpreting of your response and the tone of the response lead me to believe this was what was being implied.
2. You state that this would fall under Fundamental 5 (communication) of your "business according top Nozzer" post however which if I read correctly is fundamental 4 suggesting to me that you are unable to read and understand your own ramblings.

If we were all to strictly adhere to the fundamentals of business according to Nozzer I cant see any of us getting anywhere

A few fundamentals of business:
1. Know your market
2. Know your business
3. Add profit
4. Communication
5. Add value
Know your Market - The whole point in my request for assistance?
Know your business - Strictly speaking the above would fall under this and there is no requirement for the two to be separated.
Add profit - There is more than one way to add profit to a business without the need for underpaying staff and cutting corners.
Communication - This again would be included within the "Know your business" process and therefore again being the reason for my post.
Add Value - Profit and Value are one and the same as no profit in a business clearly would result in no value.

If we all steered clear of things we knew little or nothing about I am sure our world would be a much bleaker place with explorers not having been to the far reaches of the earth that they previously knew nothing about, scientists not investigating cures for ailments and diseases they knew nothing about, and businesses not going into areas they knew nothing about.

Sir Richard Branson's and his Virgin Group would not I suggest be the major force that it is today if he had not ventured into things he knew nothing about and I cant see that one man's knowledge can stretch as far as to know everything there is to know about things ass diverse and unconnected as Make-up, Wine, Finance, Retail and the plethora of other ventures in which the group is involved.

What made you assume I hadn’t thought through my answer or in some way made a mistake by answering. Never assume in business
What made you assume I had assumed anything it was quite clear to me that the mistake had been made and has become apparent that through your red mist you are clearly struggling to read and interpret my post which is understandable considering the lack of care and attention to detail you obviously take in your daily affairs.

Result = FAILED BUSINESS .

I see little purpose to your responses bar the venting of some of the unchecked aggression with which you are obviously struggling.

I had the notion that the point of having a "Trade" forum such as this was precisely for the reasons I placed my post in being to assist others in or entering the business to promote the proper development of CPO (and related) sectors and prevent the problems you have highlighted?

If you have nothing constructive in response to a valid request for assistance I would suggest you vent elsewhere.

Last edited:

nozzer

Longterm Registered User
Red mist :D Yeah right.

There not my fundamentals, there the "Fundamentals of Business" I make no claim to them.

I was hoping i would not have to define the fundamentals, however it seems we really are starting at the most basic level.

Profit = Monetry
Value = Adding something of value other than monetry.
Know your Market = Who are you taking your product to?
Know your business = If your a clown are you aware of how many pairs of large flappy shoes you have. Are you going to try and sell timeshare holidays at the circus?

Richard Branson first 2 ventures failed. His first successful venture was "Student Magazine" he came up with this idea whilst a student and marketed the idea to students. See anything in common?
His next came selling cheaply obtained records from a car boot, eventually leading to his arrest for selling "exported" stock. His mother had to re-mortgage her house to pay his debts. Do you want me to go on?

I had the notion that the point of having a "Trade" forum such as this was precisely for the reasons I placed my post in being to promote the proper development of CPO (and related) sectors and prevent the problems you have highlighted?
Your points about the forum are true. You asked and i gave an answer, do what you want with that answer. But dont make yourself look stupid in front of your intended market, if you dont like the answers your itended market is giving you. Thats just bad business practice.
How is it that your going to "Proper develop" the CPO business. No need to answer that, ill ask for evidence this time next year?

If we all steered clear of things we knew little or nothing about I am sure our world would be a much bleaker place with explorers not having been to the far reaches of the earth that they previously knew nothing about, scientists not investigating cures for ailments and diseases they knew nothing about, and businesses not going into areas they knew nothing about.
I havent got a clue what your going on about with the above? Other than to contradict yourself. Scientists investigating cures for things they dont know about? Does this make sense to you? :confused:

If your requesting assistance, why not go pick up the phone and call another agency? Minimal Risk, 4exforces etc etc im sure they will be only to pleased to help you set up.

Constructive bit of advice? Try not waste time thinking of ways to answer replies, in the Recruitment section of a forum.
Get yourself out there and go open yourself a "morality" for profit based CP agency.

Last edited:

M4MED

Longterm Registered User
Employ someone who knows the industry and can set it up for you. Many people play at CP to make good money and very quickly come unstuck. A good project manager will be worth his weight in gold, rather than trying to learn the industry from scratch and deliver it as a service.

Don't cut corners to make a profit as it will catch up with you and affect your rep with the lads and the clients.
best regards and good luck

Stay safe

M4MED

Top Bottom