Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Association of Professional Security Operatives

Bubba

Super Moderator
Everyone is saying "count me in"
Which is great.
Count ME in too....if required (Doubtful though:)

BUT
who is going to do the counting in?
In order for everyone else to egt involved, it will require someone to take the lead and actually stand out and say "RIGHT.... I am the person at the fore and I will act as the public/industry face of the association.
That person has to have impartiality and time and not be in simply to represent their own interests.

As you MAY be aware, there is an individual who has set up a bodyguard association who's motives and practises are now coming into question as they also set up a door supervisor association, so it IS a risk. Someone DOES have to take the lead, but if it all goes wrong side up then THAT person will probably find the blame lying firmly and squarely at their feet.
It prob wont make enough money to pay the individual(s) concerned.
Any takers?

Clyde.

Mrburns

Longterm Registered User
It could be commercially viable if managed correctly, Which individual / association were you referring to btw ?

Cheers

Mr Burns

Bubba

Super Moderator
It could be commercially viable if managed correctly, Which individual / association were you referring to btw ?

Cheers

Mr Burns
Robin barrat, Author, magazine editor, seller of security directory and other such publications written by him recently set up a door supervisor organisation with all good intentions.
Personal circumstances (work) made him have to move away somewhere else.
Association handed over (dont know if sold or not) to other people
The Industry did not have confidence in them
Mr Barrat now trying to build up said confidence once again now that he appears to have taken the helm again, but many people are ever so slightly:confused: disillusioned.

I was not going to comment on the chaps name, but all of the above information is in the public domain, and I am NOT questioning him or his motives or business accumen in any way shape or form. In fact I offered him support at the start of his venture.

Robin (to the best of my knowledge) runs (or ran) the worldwide federation of bodyguards

Another membership organisation

S

sutty

ok can we get this started ....
Can we get the Tshirts printed up asap as the summer is just around the corner.

Bubba

Super Moderator
ok can we get this started ....
Can we get the Tshirts printed up asap as the summer is just around the corner.
Just so long as they include the tag line "clyde security, the best little security company in Scotland" then I think we could be on to a winner!

(I WAS tryin to incorporate the words "Whore house" or "texas" in there somewhere, but I dont have the Eloquence of OddJob")

(Our tag line is "protecting your assets" I wanted to drop the "ets" from the end, but the Board overruled me by a vote of 6:1):D:D:D

mike77

Full Registered User
Hello to one and all

I'm new to the industry so can't supply experience. If you need anything else (donkey work included!) I'm your man.

Kind Regards

Mike

Heimrisks

yea the original post was made in 2009, no offence but people need to read and understand what they read. I still have guys asking me for work for the 50+ guys I recruited for Afghanistan here and it was many years ago. The reason I stopped is that some 60 guys got work in Afghanistan mainly as medics some here who run their own business and don't even bother to say thanks. I was promised to get paid and I never did at least the guys got work but from 60 guys 2 said thanks and that tells you who youre real friends is and what kind of people just grab what they can and don't look back.
There have been so many organisations and associations forums and groups all over the world with the same goal, and really it will never happened since the hours of the training is what the Government say, the bigger companies that buy seats wish the shortest, and less expensive to get their operators trained they don't care if you present a 30 day course for 4000£ when you can get one 14 day course for 1700£ and that is the honest truth.
We tried it in Sweden, and failed since to them the most expensive and longest training isn't best the short one is..

People that have a big mouth or running big forums who get the first poc with a sponsor or client can still make it but the member that get his/her plastic membership card, a badge or id will not make it big. Also a basic security guard in Sweden earns 4000 USD just to give some feedback to why UK and London is out of the questions for most Scandinavians even though Scandinavians work there. Just had to get it out
Hawk

Top Bottom