Best Protein Shake

daviecpdriver

Full Registered User
I have been on a diet and training now for a while now and i had started to do wieghts.

Now i dont want to lose muscle mass while still dieting so can anyone recommend a protein shake thats good for both diet and muscle mass.

cheers guys

For me; Bodytronics Whey by a long sho. And their new Whey 2 0 is a fruit juice based supp, takes great unlike other chalky rubbish.

Promax diet by Maximuscle.......replaces 2 meals per day whilst still keeping protein levels up....not the cheapest but having tried many makes I have found it the best for me personally.

Hi Davie CP driver,

I would take a look Extreme Whey by:

[url]http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/[/URL]

for a 35g scoop you only get 1.5g of fat and 2.75g of carbs the rest is protein.

They do some other great products as well, especially their post work out drink Build and Recover.

Good luck

I have been on a diet and training now for a while now and i had started to do wieghts.

Now i dont want to lose muscle mass while still dieting so can anyone recommend a protein shake thats good for both diet and muscle mass.

cheers guys

Daviecp, you have asked a question that could solicit a thousand different replies from hundreds of different protein shakes. Before settling on a protein shake i would try to get hold of some samples and say one or two days a week try a protein shake. Then after you see how they affect you then you will be able to see which one is best.

Some things you have to worry about as you mention that you are on a diet is that you should not consume more protein at a time as you will get side effects. Such as but not limited to gas, bloating, blasting farts all over the place, having to go to the toilet in a hurry etc.

Protein consumption for daily should not exceed 1gm per kilo of body weight. Unless of course you are having meeting with the syringe. Then that of course would change the forumula. So for example if someone is 80kg he would take in 80 g of protein a day. Everything outside of that would go as waste.

Not all protein is created equal. Not all protein will react the same with everybody. In conclusion protein shakes and protein bars are designed to be a meal replacement for one meal for example. If you started having several protein shakes and protein bars a day then side effects will certainly be close by. A balanced diet in my opinion is the way to go with limited use of protein shakes and bars etc.

Protein Drink Side Effects | eHow.com

Just my 2p on the matter

Tapmaster

There are lots of brand on the market for different purposes and different tastes. You will find one that suits your needs eventually, what is good for one person might not be for another etc. Good advice from tap master btw ;) Try and get your protein from food rather than supplement it with a shake. Egg whites are just a good source of protein and taste nice in a omelette :)

A mate of mine owns Dolphin Fitness, he has a massive range of products and the cheapest around. Have a look, he is based in Sussex, wont be disappointed.

I have experimented with many different types of protein shakes, potions and concoctions. Nothing beats a balanced diet. Pasta, rice, profuel NCP, chicken, tuna, beef (if thats your taste) and eliminating your carbs after 19.00 if your intent to maintain a lean physique. At night take in some protein from the above or other sources that are clean sources of protein. Try to avoid the grapes, kiwi and other sugary fruits after 19.00.

Eggs I have eaten as many as 90 a week. They say to remove all the yellows except one. The only thing I will say is to be sure to monitor your ldl level of cholestrol as eggs do have a tendency in "some" people to go off the chart. This may be more genetic or hereditary than anything. But it's nothing to chance.

Best Regards

Tapmaster

sod the shakes , believe me at low level training milk is just as good ,
i spend 150 a month on sups and between me and the guys at the gym were all diff ,what bloats me is fine for others and so on ,
as with all this its test and adjust , test and adjust
so many new lifters think shakes pack on muscle ..... they dont only time in gym rest and a good diet with get the results u want , and a good few years of non stop hard core training

train hard fight easy

gixer

Thanks to everyone who has given me great advice here... Tapmaster cheers for your input buddy i was only thinking of the 1 shake for my lunchtime meal replacement and maybe one after trainining(only weights training).

why not get some slow running time on the treadmill as this will have a fat burning effect rather than a muscle building?

Try myprotein.co.uk ... they do a 5kg bag of impact whey protein for £36..its unflavoured but just mix it with bananas and whatever you want and its pretty essence.

Back