Best Protein Shake

I've always gone for Holland & Barrett. It's not a bad price and tastes good. They sometimes have offers on a lot of their body building products such as half price and two for one. both the same but worth a look at.

The nicest tasting I had is Syntha 6 powder. The ready made shakes arent as good.

The content is all much of a muchness across the board in the shakes these days.

I have been on a diet and training now for a while now and i had started to do wieghts.

Now i dont want to lose muscle mass while still dieting so can anyone recommend a protein shake thats good for both diet and muscle mass.

cheers guys
Yes, if you can still get hold of it; Joe Weiders Body Shaper. Keps muscle tone and allows you to continue to lose unwanted 'matter'.

This is just what according to what I have searched: Prolab N-LArge 2 or CytoSport Cytogainer. Those are both highly concentrated protein shakes with 600 calories/serving. They have a higher amount of protein, carbs and amino acids than the normal whey powders.

This is just according to what I have searched, Prolab N-LArge 2 or CytoSport Cytogainer are both highly concentrated protein shakes with 600 calories/serving. They have a higher amount of protien, carbs and amino acids than the normal whey powders.

labarda prov 60 does have a good high protein intake or try cnp pro peptide get them cheap on discount supplements uk. or get your own made up to your needs at my protien uk.

Promax diet by Maximuscle.......replaces 2 meals per day whilst still keeping protein levels up....not the cheapest but having tried many makes I have found it the best for me personally.

Too expensive, and fatty in ways you can't imagine.

Reflex Diet Protein. Amazing stuff with super levels of CLA (a fatty acid that helps with the breakdown of fat, and prevents excess storage of it.)

If you order Dinosaur Nutrition protein from my website, or go to themain Dinosaur Nutrition website and order and use the CODE FFM 10,
I am offering 10% on orders placed in the next week before I go to Italy. If you purchase 2 or more products then P & P is free within the UK.
Don't knock it until you have tried it, you never know.
T :)

It's mainly about trial and testing really, all protein shakes will work different to others with different people. some might work really good on one person. then have no effect on the next. i suggest that you buy a few, and trial them out to see what works best for you.

most have actually answered your questions, its all about what works for you, not easy to find that tho as there are so many protein shakes on the market etc. for me as I'm working overseas its difficult to get alot of protein from food sources as we get 3 meals a day so I have to substitute what i cant get with good old protein shakes, I use Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey which has a good 25grams of protein per serving, i also use BSN's Syntha- 6 again either 1 or 2 serving per shake(2 scoops gives you 60gms) i also use a pre workout shake Superpump 250, whey Casein which is a slow digested protein which i take before bed to maintain the protein intake, it can be a mine field, my advice if your just looking to start and bulk a little, a good protein with at least 25 grams per serving, creatine either micronized or monohydrate 5grams before you train and 5 grams after you train, and build from there, the more you look into weight training then more information on nutrition and supplements will be gained. try not to get wrapped up in what protein is best etc.

ok buddy hope that sheds alittle light on your subject.

M

Recently I started using ProRecovery by CNP after my workouts. At the gym they sell this one and it requires no blender and only a shaker. There are no big chunks it all dissolves in the shaker and water. I bought today a big CNP ProMass as I would like to put on some more weight as we head into winter. The thing I like about it is that it doesn't make me sick at the stomach. The ratio of carbs and protein is pretty balanced as I like to have a lot of carbs. Some will prefer to have just Whey Protein without the carbs. The fuel for the brain is carbs.

Again, try out a few with some samples and chose one that is right for you. CNP used to be Dorian Yates before he opened his own line.

Good Luck

Tapmaster

it hinges on what your goals are mate,lifestyle,training programme,diet, and other things. for instance you dont want to eat heavey foods and train heavey and have a high carb based shake, although you need moderate carbs to be able to finish your workouts. i found an all round good shake for most training programmes is USG isolate 40g of protein and 2.2g carbs. dont pay any attention to taste,any shakes that are taste based tend to have alot of shit in them making having taken the shake in the first palce irrelevant. all the real good shakes taste bad because there more for delivering the things you need rather than somthing nice to drink. basic rule of thumb high carb base for size growth and high protein and low carb for muscle def. please dont think your wake up tomorrow like arnie, it takes years without steroids.

RichieF24,

I didn't realise that you were directing your comments to me. I found this information on how much protein should I eat. You would see that I am right. Now if someone is a trained bodybuilder or trained weightlifter their requirements are different.

According to this method, a person weighing 150 lbs. should eat 55 grams of protein per day, a 200-pound person should get 74 grams, and a 250-pound person should eat 92 grams.

One prominent researcher in the field recommends 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kilogram of body weight per day for endurance exercisers and 1.7 to 1.8 grams per kg per day for heavy strength training.

Bold parts come from Protein Info - How Much Protein Do You Need

Tapmaster

RichieF24,

I didn't realise that you were directing your comments to me. I found this information on how much protein should I eat. You would see that I am right. Now if someone is a trained bodybuilder or trained weightlifter their requirements are different.

According to this method, a person weighing 150 lbs. should eat 55 grams of protein per day, a 200-pound person should get 74 grams, and a 250-pound person should eat 92 grams.

One prominent researcher in the field recommends 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kilogram of body weight per day for endurance exercisers and 1.7 to 1.8 grams per kg per day for heavy strength training.

Bold parts come from Protein Info - How Much Protein Do You Need

Tapmaster

this is correct as a guidling but there is no set protein/carb intake for everyone, everyone is so different. i take 400g of protein a day and 200g carbs- 8000 cal, but i train heavy 6days a week and have a physically hard job so need those calories, but someone the same size,mass,height,weight,sleeping pattern and trains the same 6days a week but with different genetics could have completly different results to what i have. it all depends on your own genetics and body type, endomorph,messamorph,and ectomorph-3 different body types. your body is capable of breaking down 40g of protein in a 2hour period any more intake within this time would just leave the body via the normal route so thats why alot of bodybuilders eat every 2hours, i dont know how true but i have heard certain acidic acids can increase protein breakdown but again never totally belive what you read online because there only opinions. anyway im yaking on and on now ha ha.try different things and see what works best for you, all the best

I use a couple of products from my company.
1) Forever Freedom. -Contains Aloe Vera, Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.
2) ARGI+ -a L-Arginine & Vitamin complex. (Great for using before work outs)
3) Forever lite ULTRA protein mix. protein is 68g per 100g of protein.

Youtube vid on AGRI+ if you want to know more; Forever ARGI+ - YouTube

Back