Britain has No Airplanes that can hunt Subs?

We've a Gloucester Swordfish tucked away somewhere, but Jeremy Corbyn insists that we let the bad guys know where it's going to be, before we deploy it. In case someone gets hurt.....

V :)

Do the Brit ones have any that have "Russian Submarine Hunter" painted on the side? No. Can they hunt submarines including US as well as Russian that are doing sneaky shit under water? Yes. Does the kit have "Gee Whiz" clever shit inside being used now, displayed anywhere?" No. Shades of "Operation Gold" and "Operation Silver" all conceived, installed and controlled by Mr. Thomas (Tommy) Flowers (a GPO techie who also made the first analogue computer anywhere, that was secretly used at Bletchly Park until the Turd Churchill gave it to the Merkins so they could re-invent computers.) I think "Operation Silver" that was done in Vienna in the 1950's by the Brit's may still be classified. It would make a great 4 episode TV programme. Especially if the 'Tram' falling through the road into their tunnel was included... They (The Watchers and Lamplighters") bricked it up once the tram was removed and carried on. Those were the days of brave and clever people... When I met some of them, I didn't know what to say to them. "Thank you!" never seemed enough; still not enough.
https://www.google.com/search?q=where+is+tommy+flowers+buried?&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Thank you Mr. Flowers!

I don't think it requires an aircraft (structure) that is very sophisticated. But the internal guts of the electronic sensors have to be excellent ... which is what DeltaSierra was saying. I'm a bit surprised that the UK is running low on these airplanes, because the sub threat is potentially very real in the north Atlantic. I've got no idea how the defense budgets are going these days in the UK, and this type of stuff doesn't come cheap. But if things get really tense with the Russians, the Swedes and the Canadians will probably need their aircraft for their own defense. I'd say that the UK needs some of these patrol planes. Pretty important!

KL

The North Sea is more of a problem than the North Atlantic, IMO. But what do I know? Not had an update since 1982/3, and to be honest; a) I don't care anymore... and there's no "b)"
I really MUST stop checking in here every bloody day!

Back