Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Camcorder Recommendations

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to personally recommend a camcorder suitable for:

-Low light filming
-High optical zoom
-Wireless features ideal (apps, remote view etc)

I'm also interested to learn of any mounts for car head rests / dash boards

My budget for the camcorder, including accessories (spare battery / memory card) is £900

Thanks in advance!

deltasierra70

Longterm Registered User
And nobody answered?
Is the answer classified secret squirrel shit, or something?
Are you looking for a "One size fits all?"
How do you want to use it?
How long would you be using it without being able to have it on charge?
How low is 'your' low light? (Please don't say a magical 'Lux' number)
What are you using now?
NB. "Low light LUX numbers" are like beautiful women. Everyone's idea of what 1 Lux is, for instance, are different, just like beautiful women are.

shayingshi

Full Registered User
Hi,

You could take a look at the Panasonic HC-V270 HD Camcorder. It's a little over two hundred quid, has Wifi that can connect it to a mobile phone or tablet for wireless control. It sports a 50x optical zoom, a 90x digital zoom that produces good quality images and if you want to go mad will work up to 3000x. The quality at that distance is poor but probably good enough to positively ID someone in decent light.

As for a car mount, and answering as a photographer not a PI, just get a bean bag and set the camera on that. Using a bean bag allow you to just plonk the camera on it and quickly get it pointed where you want it. Also it's very quick to retrieve as you just pick it up. Mine sits on one of those anti slip dashboard mats and is perfectly stable at speeds less than Starsky and Hutch.

Top Bottom