Can I become a PI?

Mysterio173

Hey guys,

So long story short, I have a second-degree felony conviction from 2012 and a DUI from 2013. I live in the state of Florida and want to become a P.I. I also have a Bachelors Degree in International Relations from a state university. I've heard that after 7-10 years certain background checks will not show my offenses unless it's military or government BG checks. Would I be able to be a licensed P.I. in Florida or will they most likely deny me a license because of the offenses from 2012-13? I'd rather not waste my time taking P.I. courses or trying to get a type "CC" license or internship if it would be impossible with my criminal history.

If denied in my state, could I still possibly work as a P.I. in states that do not require a license, like Mississippi, Alaska, or South Dakota? It's been something I've been interested in for over 15 years, and yes, I've had a few bumps in the road, but I'm a much different person now (and sober, btw) and really would love to follow my dreams.

Please don't respond to this in a rude manner. I know I did some dumb shit a long time ago, but I'm trying to better myself and my life and have a career that I enjoy. Thanks.

premier

Longterm Registered User
Mysterio173,

You need to contact SCT, a member here from long ago when this forum was so much better.
He is Florida based and has a wealth of experience, provides Firearms training and will know state law.

Regard
premier