Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can i do mma while in the marines?

Marcus2RRF

Longterm Registered User
Theres alot of marines competing down in Exeter bud contact Lions Den MMA in Exmouth they train alot of guys for the Strengh and Honour bowts

Phecta

Longterm Registered User
We cover several MMA Events providing the medical support. There are several serving members of the armed forces who compete, some from the Parachute Regiment, Some Marines some from other units and they dont get any problems except the additional fitness required to compete at higher levels of the sport as its different fitness to that required for everyday soldiering.

Hope to see you aroung the circuit in the future

check out the Cage Warriors Forum you can get extra advice from there

CageWarriors Forum

Take Care

Last edited:

lewey.t

Cool didnt realise how easy it would be to carry on competing in mma while in the marines, thanks everyone!

covert

Full Registered User
Shame I was about I instruct in Ju Jitsu, and could show a few tasty moves. Infact the Gracies were renound in this MMA all of which were from a ju jitsu background. You dont need to be pumped up grided and looking like a sherman tank. youtube gracie ju jitsu to see what am on about

Taff

D

Deleted member 33

Would be good to see the RM lads take on the Para lads.......
Yeah, be a bit like the 10 miler when they came down to the 'shot. The head shed thought it would be fun if the 28 wk visiting RM recruits took on the 12 week P Coy Para recruits. The RM lost of course. They also failed the Tranasium! :D

Rich H

D

Deleted member 33

Shame I was about I instruct in Ju Jitsu, and could show a few tasty moves. Infact the Gracies were renound in this MMA all of which were from a ju jitsu background. You dont need to be pumped up grided and looking like a sherman tank. youtube gracie ju jitsu to see what am on about

Taff
That's right - you just need to be as hard as they are mentally and not tap out preferring to have your arm broken! :D

Rich H

covert

Full Registered User
Bit more technical that that my cherry ass! Anyway as usual didnt know you lot picking up rear again lol

12 week against 32 lol dear me yeah yeah

jayhill

Full Registered User
Bit of a crap response really, but my mate has just finished his training phase in the marines. Said he did do some hand to hand combat training and some jiu jitsu and boxing. He also said you are able to join in the sessions, if you have the time. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this if they are in the forces. :)

winger

Longterm Registered User
Yeah, be a bit like the 10 miler when they came down to the 'shot. The head shed thought it would be fun if the 28 wk visiting RM recruits took on the 12 week P Coy Para recruits. The RM lost of course. They also failed the Tranasium! :D

Rich H
The only difference these days between a Para and and craphat is the colour of the beret, they get the same standard of infantry training as the regulars.
Not much of an 'Eliteist' these days, just a glorified Pongo in a cherry beret;)

I

protectasia

Longterm Registered User

Rich H
How times change Rich,when on leave the big bad boys from Para Reg can now be seen frequenting the 'genderly confused bars' (ladyboys to the uneducated) on walking street in Pattaya now.

farangbootneck

Longterm Registered User
Love It. ''The shot''... Pull up a sandbag fellas!

Didn't you duck out the Reg after a short while to be a Monkey?

Last edited:
Top Bottom