Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rupert

Longterm Registered User
Hi guys, I'll try not to make this too long.

I'm looking to develop a career long term in the security industry and would value some advise from guys with experiance.

I'm in my late 20 and have spent the past 10 years working in business, mostly in marketing and events for small firms but with large brand name clients.
I'm a non graduate but have studied business and management while working and have a number of related quals as well as being a Member of the Chartered Management Institute.
For the past 3-4 years I,ve worked for myself. I ran (as a partner) a security firm providing door supervisors and event security staff for 12 months before selling my share to concentrate on another business as a Registered Firearms Dealer (mixing business with pleasure).
I sold that business 8months ago to finance a new house etc and to give me the money to train to do what I want to do, security.
Now working as a supervisor for a static guarding firm. Starting at the bottom and want to work up building experiance as I go.
My goal is security management/consultancy and would love some advise on where to go next?
I'm hoping to do a 6week course next year in consulting with the 2week CP course included. I would like to do some CP work after as I feel it important to get hands on experiance of this type of work, in the UK and/or abroad.
I'm not ex-mil though I was in the TA for a while, not that I expect that to curry any huge wow factor.
Also thinking of doing some short courses in next few years at Cranfield Uni on emercancy planning, crisis management, security and risk management etc

Any advise is grately appreciated

Thanks a lot for reading.

Project 4 Solutions

Full Registered User
Hello Rupert

My name is Kevin Whyte, welcome to the forum. You sound like you've had some interesting career moves in the past.

I run a company called Project 4 - Security & Surveillance Services. We are based in Andalucia, Spain. We are also associate partners to the Nemesis Group of Companies in the UK.

For your SIA training requirements, you cannot go wrong with Nemesis Group. Nemesis Group

They offer a range of SIA accredited courses that will help you achieve your goal. They also offer a course in consultancy/risk managment. The good thing about Nemesis courses is that you can complete the course in modules. Therefore if you are unable to commit to the entire course length due to work commitments then you can split it into modules.

In Spring 2008, Project 4 will be offering Firearms/Close Quarter Combat courses in Spain, France and in 4 Baltic states. This is more geard to our operatives who work in Hostile environments and European Countires, where the laws differ greatly from those in the UK. We have accrued first rate International Instructors, with time served and current commercial experience. For further details keep an eye on our website at Project 4

There are lots of courses available, You mentioned doing a 2 week CP course. I don't think this is long enough to learn everything, unless they are going to skimp over the stuff you really need to know and just train you to pass an exam. Have a look at Quest or Pathfinder online,

Cheers

Kev

rupert

Longterm Registered User
Thanks Kev, I've taken a look. Looks interesting.

Thrown up more food for thought.

Top Bottom