Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
has anyone got them?? Are they easy to install??? how much would an electrican cost to put one up for me??
I have bought my own CCTv camera already..

h20

Longterm Registered User
Meliss,

CCtv cameras can be simple to install though this depends on how complex the system is, the camera has a power system and also an arial output and input.
In short a few wires, this can be connected either to a dedicated monitor or channeled through you TV, and viewed on your AV channel. more than one camera and you are looking at a switch box unit to convert the signal and switch between cameras.
If its a box standard system it should not take long to setup though as I dont reside in England I'm not upto date on a price to be installed, it should be simple and straight forwd though dont let someone tell you otherwise unless you have a muliti camera unit that you are applying to an office block.

H20

coffeegirl

Full Registered User
Hi Meliss,

If you buy CCTV Cameras just for personal use, kindly suggest to use USB Port DVR BOX for installation. (supports 1 to 4 cameras ) . As it costs much lower and operated easy.

USB DVR BOX is designed with USB Port for your PC. Simply connect it with the camera and your PC, (with approved internet protocol ) will help you control it easily (even could control from internet when you are not home)

simar

Full Registered User
I've just purchased a colour camera with sound, mic and nightvision (nightvision is not to great but daytime picture is superb) from aldi, cost £30 follow the link for camera spec HomeNetProducts.co.uk - Admin Fitted in about an hour.

Mattie03

Full Registered User
has anyone got them?? Are they easy to install??? how much would an electrican cost to put one up for me??
I have bought my own CCTv camera already..
Almost every small business shops and big households got them and yes, they are very easy to install. Just be sure to ask for the right type of CCTV surveillance when you shop for it in electronic/security device stores. I don't think there's a need for an electrician to put it up for you. But maybe it would cost around 20-30 bucks.

Last edited:

Mrburns

Longterm Registered User
if your in the uk and its 12v wire then no need for a sparky. and its a minefield with cameras. its more about the resolution and image compression used to store the image than it is about the camera.

Always remember just because it looks good on a live monitor does not mean its going to look like that on playback.

cheers

Top Bottom