Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheap way to have encryped digital comms

deltasierra70

Longterm Registered User
As we are all on tight budgets, and most of the time, when operational (or teaching/training), are away from house/office/vehicle and need to talk to our partner/backup/whatever and prefer that no one else can listen to, or God Forbid, record our comms. The likelihood is that you are within a quarter of a mile of each other 95% of the time or, hopefully closer.
A solution I have made for a few underfunded Drug Taskforces was to buy a 3 or 4 hand set DECT house phone.
Power the Base Station in a parked vehicle that will be nearby, now any handset may 'page' the other handsets and you have digitally encrypted comms. Battery life is better than you expect.
£100.00 can get you a 3 way system. Check Amazon for dozens of systems. Look for the 'long range' ones.
Making your own kit can be fun and cheaper than buying expensive systems.

deltasierra70

Longterm Registered User
I am not 'decrying' purpose built kit, or trying to take the food off the table of 'poor' surveillance kit suppliers, but that above post suggestion is but one way, of many ways, in being able to depend more of the person you see in the bathroom mirror, than someone who may be shut on weekends, or too expensive. And where else can you get encrypted comms for under a hundred quid. Ebay maybe... I didn't look there, but then I don't need to. I suggest you buy at least a 3 hand set system, just in case you screw up one of them in making the unit smaller, maybe putting a small switch on the speaker that flashes an LED when paged or hard wiring an earphone from the speaker. Really, it is a fun exercise.

No the other North!

Longterm Registered User
Great. That's my 'Learn Navajo Wind-Whistling For Operators' scheme down the pan now.

Bloody techies, taking bread from us babies mouths ..............................

Top Bottom